+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For PINOYS: Spousal open work permit to canada.. Share tayo

Pinky2587

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Congrats po. Care to share what documents you submitted? Thank you po.
Forms- I guess there were 3 forms?
Applicant’s Passport with stamps
Proof of relationship- certificates, my canada id and his qatar id (just to show the details), wedding pictures, travel pictures
Digital Photo
Client Information - letter of explanation, his coe from qatar employer, my job offer from canada employer, my coe with job description, 3 payslips, my canadian diploma, canadian tor

I hope that suffices. :)

ralphr777

Aug 22, 2018
Hello,

I'm a German citizen and just got married with a Filipina. I currently live outside Canada although I worked in Vancouver for almost a year a few years back, but I don't have PR. Now I got a job offer to return. My question is, how can I bring my wife with me? Since we just got married a couple of months ago, can she come to Canada as a dependent (or whatever that is called) on my work permit?

Thank you for your time

Ralph

mcaranay

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
07-26-2017
Passport Req..
09-05-2017
Hello,

I'm a German citizen and just got married with a Filipina. I currently live outside Canada although I worked in Vancouver for almost a year a few years back, but I don't have PR. Now I got a job offer to return. My question is, how can I bring my wife with me? Since we just got married a couple of months ago, can she come to Canada as a dependent (or whatever that is called) on my work permit?

Thank you for your time

Ralph
Hallo Herr ralphr777,
Guten Tag.

My question is, how can I bring my wife with me?
One way is thru Visitor Status and the other is as a worker status(SOWP - Spousal Open Work Permit), "dependent to you" as Canada work permit holder.

On both status, she needs to apply for a TRV-Temporary Residence Visa so she may enter and stay at Canada for temporary duration of time or could also be the same as the duration of your Canada status or until it expires.
This is assuming that your spouse meet all requirements to be approved of Canada TRV.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=196&top=17

You having work in Canada will be a big factor for her TRV application to be approved because you can prove you can support her during her stay. If proof of funds and ties to home country are not a problem then the better.

Since we just got married a couple of months ago, can she come to Canada as a dependent (or whatever that is called) on my work permit?
Short answer is Yes, also related to my previous answer.

She can apply to come with you to Canada of course.
But when you say "dependent on my work permit", its only about the advantage for spouse of a work permit holder(Non-PR or not CAD Citizen) where he/she eligible to apply for an Open Work Permit if she wants to work as well during her temporary stay.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=199&top=17
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=177&top=17
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit-result.asp?q1_options=1i&q2_options=2d

Better inquire to Immigration Consultant and your employer as well what is the best option for you to bring your spouse.

Sharing my case, I am working in Canada already when my wife applied for a Canadian Visa-Visitor. Later we both decided she stay in Canada and give up her work at the Philippines. So she applied again to change and extend her TRV and at the same time applied for SOWP. I’m a work permit holder(Skilled Worker Under NOC A).
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit-result.asp?q1_options=1i&q2_options=2d

Hope it helps.

Rhose02

Sep 1, 2018
New here...
Hi sa lahat ...
sa mga nka land n ng Canada pa share nman po experience nyo sa phil airport immigration
If kasama yong anak w/ visitor visa hinanapan ba ng return ticket?
What are the supporting docs nid to present to immigration chk
I'm SOWP work visa (W-1)

Thanks

shaziamumtaz1

Sep 17, 2018
Forms- I guess there were 3 forms?
Applicant’s Passport with stamps
Proof of relationship- certificates, my canada id and his qatar id (just to show the details), wedding pictures, travel pictures
Digital Photo
Client Information - letter of explanation, his coe from qatar employer, my job offer from canada employer, my coe with job description, 3 payslips, my canadian diploma, canadian tor

I hope that suffices. :)
Hi
I just want to know where did you submit the passport to stamp for visa ? I am in the same situation left qatar after submitting application and it's been 2 months now

Pinky2587

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Hi
I just want to know where did you submit the passport to stamp for visa ? I am in the same situation left qatar after submitting application and it's been 2 months now
Submitted the passport for stamp in Manila office. In our case they said its okay to submit anywhere since its done through online application.

Reactions: shaziamumtaz1

JaOski

May 29, 2018
Hello there, I need help to clarify po. Hopefully merong makasagot dito sa forum.

I'm here at Canada under Student- visa. Pinag-apply ko ng OWP ang wife ko and student visa ang mga anak ko, and thankfully they were approved. Ngayon na papalipad na sila... Maraming nag sasabi ng kailangan daw mag PDOS, from CFO... from OWWA... From the agency na umayos ng papers nila, hindi daw kailangan. Nalilito na kami. Tapos malapit na yung date ng lipad nila. Appreciate your help on this.

(HUGOT LANG.... Nakakainis lang talaga ang sistema sa bansa natin. Dahil sa concern namin sa PDOS na to, nag try naman kaming tumawag sa concerned. Govt agencies - from OWWA, POEA at CFO(na di matawagan at laging busy). Pinag pasa-pasahan lang kami at walang makapag sabi kung ano talaga. Nakakafrustrate lang.) :(

pampulme27

Aug 16, 2018
Hello there, I need help to clarify po. Hopefully merong makasagot dito sa forum.

I'm here at Canada under Student- visa. Pinag-apply ko ng OWP ang wife ko and student visa ang mga anak ko, and thankfully they were approved. Ngayon na papalipad na sila... Maraming nag sasabi ng kailangan daw mag PDOS, from CFO... from OWWA... From the agency na umayos ng papers nila, hindi daw kailangan. Nalilito na kami. Tapos malapit na yung date ng lipad nila. Appreciate your help on this.

(HUGOT LANG.... Nakakainis lang talaga ang sistema sa bansa natin. Dahil sa concern namin sa PDOS na to, nag try naman kaming tumawag sa concerned. Govt agencies - from OWWA, POEA at CFO(na di matawagan at laging busy). Pinag pasa-pasahan lang kami at walang makapag sabi kung ano talaga. Nakakafrustrate lang.) :(
Hi Im also under OWP and nagpunta ako dito kasama ko anak ko with visitor permit cya. Dumating kame dito Oct 1, 2018 lang.. Hindi na po nila kailangan ng PDOS or OEC. Ang neef nilang ipakita yung supporting documents nyo sir xerox copy lang.. Also have a xerox copy of their birth certs and yours as well just para kung hanapan sila mabilis nila mapapakita.

pampulme27

Aug 16, 2018
Hi Im also under OWP and nagpunta ako dito kasama ko anak ko with visitor permit cya. Dumating kame dito Oct 1, 2018 lang.. Hindi na po nila kailangan ng PDOS or OEC. Ang neef nilang ipakita yung supporting documents nyo sir xerox copy lang.. Also have a xerox copy of their birth certs and yours as well just para kung hanapan sila mabilis nila mapapakita.

JaOski

May 29, 2018
Hello Pam, thanks for the information. malaking ginhawa yung malaman ang mga ito. Congratulations that you made it here na rin sa Canada. God bless!

Esumalinog

Nov 21, 2018
Hi po, may active pa po ba dito? Need ko po ng help. Na deny yung asawa ko. Di ko po sure anong naging kulang sa application for SOWP. At ano po pwede e dagdag sa para tumibay po yung application.

Ito po yung reason ng refusal

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• No proof of income/funds.

Esumalinog

Nov 21, 2018
Hindi po. Yun di sabi ng kakilala ko. Dapat nag attach ng ganon.. 3months palang kaming kasal mka apekto kaya yun sa application?

Eetsirc_20

Aug 19, 2015
hello psalm_23,

here's my timeline:
Feb 6 - application submitted to VFS
Feb 8 - AOR by CEM
May 8 - Medical Request
May 10 - Medical Done
May 16 - Medical passed & forwarded to CEM
May 31 - Visa (SOWP) approved
June 6 - Visa on hand

:)