+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For PINOYS: Spousal open work permit to canada.. Share tayo

nikki20

Aug 16, 2011
@ ynoweh Thanks for the reply. No, my husband is also under skilled. If he's a skilled then we could have applied for open like everybody here. He's working as a food counter attendant and i will be working the same job. He started only last year but hopefully to be promoted as supervisor by the end of the year. I believe we can apply for our kids study permit as what we read from the cic website. It says that if both parents are working whether its skilled or not then they are qualified to have their children accompany them provided that they have to secure a study permit for minors applying outside canada.
Just want to ask if d start of school can affect their application.

nikki20

Aug 16, 2011
@ ynoweh yes i will be attaching a cover letter with detailed explanation of our status. Aside from the usual documents we need to submit for our kids definetely we'll be providing both our lmo, contract, my visa, his work permit, payslip & proof of funds. So i guess that would be ok. Its just hard to work while both of us are working in canada that's my husband decided to also apply for their visa to be with us.

ynoweh

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2013
Doc's Request.
Jan. 29, 2014 (PCC)
AOR Received.
July 9, 2013
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Jan. 29, 2014
Med's Done....
March 1 & 10, 2014 MR Received....: April 3, 2014
Passport Req..
April 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014; VISA Received: April 24, 2014
LANDED..........
May 9, 2014
hi nikki20!!! sorry I misunderstood the "under skilled" term. I thought your hubby is under the skilled category... Sorry I just got confused. Your concern regarding the start of schooling in Canada is very logical as you think you need to request for an acceptance letter from intended school in Canada. But from my point of view, you could do away with that requirement, as you so said that you and your husband are gonna work there. It's more of dependent visa concerns.. But I really am not so certain about your concern -- if the start of schooling in Canada will affect the study permit applications of your kids. I guess we have to get inputs from forum members... let's help nikki20 here guys. Thank you..

It's really hard to be away with kids and hubby, so we pray that you'll get to know the right thing to do. We'd pray too for your husband's promotion to a supervisory position soon. God bless you.

nikki20

Aug 16, 2011
@ ynoweh Yes, we dont need to provide a school's acceptance letter coz me and my spouse already have work permits. it says here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/minors-documents.asp
Important: Generally, those applying for a study permit, including those at the primary or secondary school level, need to provide a letter of acceptance from the applicable educational institution in Canada. Applicants may provide either the original letter of acceptance or an electronic version.

There is one exception to this requirement: Minor children who are accompanying a family member who has applied and been approved for a work or study permit before entering Canada do not need to provide a letter of acceptance from an educational institution.

As i can see it, we are actually somehow the same coz we are applying both for work permit, only difference is that yours are open meaning you can enter canada even without an employer yet and that's an edge opportunity you have from others. But for unskilled workers, we are also given the opportunity to have our kids live with us provided we both should have a valid work permits. Of course i need to get my TWP first coz thats a requirement and now that I got it then its their turn to apply..

But how bout in your category.. Some of your members here has just applied, waiting for visa appoval and others are preparing for their entry to canada. School already started.. Did they inquire from your prospective school that your kids will still be accepted or will you wait for the next school season? Do you have any idea if most schools there still accept minors even if school have started?

kristal

Oct 22, 2011
hi everyone

Pls give me advice what will i do for my situation, I'm from philippines my bf is from Bangladesh where both working together in abu dhabi, since i got my job here in canada march 2011. But were planning to get married in Philippines next yr, and after the married I'm planning to apply for PR.. tanong ko lang, mahihirapan po bah since we just married and couple of months i will submit my application? His working in abu habi for 5 yrs and I'm working in abu dhabi for 3 years. Ano po bah dapat gawin or requirements para eh submit sa application ko... ??????? :(-kristal-

ailooney

Apr 4, 2011
NE Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2011
AOR Received.
Feb. 2, 2011
Med's Request
Feb. 9, 2011
Med's Done....
Feb. 12, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 19, 2011 (received May 26, 2011)
LANDED..........
June 8, 2011
kristal said:
hi everyone

Pls give me advice what will i do for my situation, I'm from philippines my bf is from Bangladesh where both working together in abu dhabi, since i got my job here in canada march 2011. But were planning to get married in Philippines next yr, and after the married I'm planning to apply for PR.. tanong ko lang, mahihirapan po bah since we just married and couple of months i will submit my application? His working in abu habi for 5 yrs and I'm working in abu dhabi for 3 years. Ano po bah dapat gawin or requirements para eh submit sa application ko... ??????? :(-kristal-
Hi, kristal! Welcome to the forum. since you will be the one "sponsoring".. your occupation must be in skilled category. If you are, then your husband can apply the same like us, SPousal Open Work permit. That's the first thing we have to make sure. Then after that, I don't think there will be any problems if you get married in the Philippines. I'm a little confused kasi namention mo yung tagal nyong nagwork sa abu dhabi. it doesn't matter naman basta skilled ka dito sa Canada. As for the requirements, may list na ng requirements (of documents) in a couple of pages here. I suggest na basahin mo yung mga earlier posts. :) Medyo linawin mo lang yung situation para mas makasagot kami. We are willing to help.

Spousal work permit will allow him to be with you ASAP while waiting for your PR application, by the way.

manellie

Star Member
Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 28, 2011
AOR Received.
Aug. 4, 2011
Med's Request
Aug. 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Aug. 8, 2011 Further med info : Nov. 3, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Dec. 1, 2010 VISA Rcvd: Dec 26, 2011
LANDED..........
Jan 11, 2011 PR Med req Jan 16, 2011
Hi to all.... i just had my xray today, request ng embassy kasi nung ngpamedical aq last aug 8 hindi aq ng-xray kc I'm pregnant. first trimester ko noon. now na going 5 months n ko kya my OB allowed me to take xray with abdominal shield.... sabi 1 week lng daw if walang problem pass na nila sa embassy. please pray for my xray result kc un na lang hintay ng embassy to make a decision for my visa... thank you and GOD bless us all :D

ailooney

Apr 4, 2011
NE Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2011
AOR Received.
Feb. 2, 2011
Med's Request
Feb. 9, 2011
Med's Done....
Feb. 12, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 8, 2011
manellie said:
Hi to all.... i just had my xray today, request ng embassy kasi nung ngpamedical aq last aug 8 hindi aq ng-xray kc I'm pregnant. first trimester ko noon. now na going 5 months n ko kya my OB allowed me to take xray with abdominal shield.... sabi 1 week lng daw if walang problem pass na nila sa embassy. please pray for my xray result kc un na lang hintay ng embassy to make a decision for my visa... thank you and GOD bless us all :D
Congrats, sis! Will pray for your xray results. Pareho pala tayo 18wks na ako so going on my 5th month. When is your due date? Ako last wk of March. hehe. :D

ailooney

Apr 4, 2011
NE Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2011
AOR Received.
Feb. 2, 2011
Med's Request
Feb. 9, 2011
Med's Done....
Feb. 12, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 8, 2011
solit said:
hi ailooney, makisagot na din ako ha.. yung health card sa pagkakaalam ko pwede mag apply ng extension hanggang 3 mos while waiting sa new permit.pero advise lang din kasi yan ng fren ko dito and hindi ko na din nagawa kasi nahintay ko na din yung new permit ko nun.. kaso yung 3 mos extension na yun once lang yun magagamit, next time na mag expire ang permit, di na pwede yung extension na 3 mos na yun. baka may naka experience nang iba dito..
Hi, sis! Pumunta kami ni hubby sa registry dito to ask about our expiring health card. Unfortunately, no work permit no health card sila. :( Buti nalang 18wks na pregnancy ko this wk tapos nakapagschedule ako ng 2nd ultrasound ko this monday (Oct.31, expiry namin is Nov 2). So baka after na ng ultrasound ko hindi na kailangan ng iba pang mga tests kasi nagawa ko na halos lahat. Hay. Baka January pa kasi dumating work permit ni hubby.

solit

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 27 - received by cio ns
Med's Request
aug 25
Med's Done....
oct 4 - ecas showing received application
ailooney said:
Hi, sis! Pumunta kami ni hubby sa registry dito to ask about our expiring health card. Unfortunately, no work permit no health card sila. :( Buti nalang 18wks na pregnancy ko this wk tapos nakapagschedule ako ng 2nd ultrasound ko this monday (Oct.31, expiry namin is Nov 2). So baka after na ng ultrasound ko hindi na kailangan ng iba pang mga tests kasi nagawa ko na halos lahat. Hay. Baka January pa kasi dumating work permit ni hubby.
hi sad to hear that sis, saang province ka ngayun sis?

manellie

Star Member
Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 28, 2011
AOR Received.
Aug. 4, 2011
Med's Request
Aug. 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Aug. 8, 2011 Further med info : Nov. 3, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Dec. 1, 2010 VISA Rcvd: Dec 26, 2011
LANDED..........
Jan 11, 2011 PR Med req Jan 16, 2011
ailooney said:
Congrats, sis! Will pray for your xray results. Pareho pala tayo 18wks na ako so going on my 5th month. When is your due date? Ako last wk of March. hehe. :D

@ailooney

pareho tyo ng due sis march din ako pero 2nd week ng march ako. thanks sis for the prayer, we really need that :D

ailooney

Apr 4, 2011
NE Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2011
AOR Received.
Feb. 2, 2011
Med's Request
Feb. 9, 2011
Med's Done....
Feb. 12, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 8, 2011
solit said:
hi sad to hear that sis, saang province ka ngayun sis?
Hay kaloka, mali pala ang registry. Dapat pala tumawag sa Alberta Health. :) Good news na-extend nga ang health card namin ni hubby ng 3 more months habang wala pa yung bagong work permit. :D So wag dapat maniwala sa registry office. hmp. hehehe. Mabait pala ang Alberta health. Kasi may kilala kami as in na-extend na sya ng 3 months pero nung manganganak na sya, wala pa din work permit nya. So sabi ng Alberta Health is ipa-hold lang sa hospital yung bill. Ayun, nalibre pa din. Galing noh? :D Praise God!

Sa Calgary ako, sis. :)

legan18

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 13, 2011
AOR Received.
August 23, 2011
Med's Request
August 23, 2011
Med's Done....
August 25, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 15, 2011
LANDED..........
November 09, 2011
hello and good morning everyone!!!!! just received our visa a while ago... super thank you LORD!!!! :D ;) :D ;)

legan18

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 13, 2011
AOR Received.
August 23, 2011
Med's Request
August 23, 2011
Med's Done....
August 25, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 15, 2011
LANDED..........
November 09, 2011
legan18 said:
hello and good morning everyone!!!!! just received our visa a while ago... super thank you LORD!!!! :D ;) :D ;)
maraming maraming salamat din po sa tulong ninyong lahat!!!! :D ;) :D ;)

ynoweh

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2013
Doc's Request.
Jan. 29, 2014 (PCC)
AOR Received.
July 9, 2013
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Jan. 29, 2014
Med's Done....
March 1 & 10, 2014 MR Received....: April 3, 2014
Passport Req..
April 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014; VISA Received: April 24, 2014
LANDED..........
May 9, 2014
Wow!!! We're so happy for you and your daughter!!!! :D :D God is really good diba!!! His timing is never late, kita mo po marunong ka na mag-drive. He made you learn first, in preparation for your stay there.. ;) Kelan alis mo sis at san kayo sa Canada? :-*