Med's Done....
03/13/2012
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
05/08/12
LANDED..........
ASAP.....
Hello guys pde po ba pa help ung im i little bit confused po pano po ba i apply ng visa ung asawa ko open permit na po kc cia nalimutan kona po ung requirements sa pilipinas. I would really appreciate po yng help niyo.. Thank you guys.. Godbless

gee_jho

Apr 14, 2016
Anyone can help po? SoWp po ako, ngpunta ko CFO for Pros pero hinds dw po don sa knila..di ko n po Alam ggwin dhil bk di mklusot sa airport

Kmusta po ung experience nyo s airport? Please po..
Need pb Pros at Oec..wala p nmn ako trabho.

HAMESH

Feb 3, 2017
Cristine19 said:
Gudpm..
Paper applicant po ako.
Nov 14,2014- submitted papers sa VFS
Nov 19- medical exam requested
Nov 21-medical done
JANUARY 13,2015- received an email from CIC na APPROVED ang application ko!!
Thank you LOrd!!!
Hi sis ask ko lang PROVINCIAL NOMINEE asawa ko at nakalagay kami as accompanying dependents with respective letter of support para sa SPOUSAL OPEN WORK PERMIT AT STUDY PERMIT NG ANAK KO...

nakita ko sa vfs ka apply at pass documents..
May additional pa ba sau hiningi.?
Tapos na kmi medical by january 23 2017 nasubmit sa CEM ng st luke global FEB 2 2017.

DANIEL1031

Sep 9, 2013
Nagpasa po ako sa vfs ng paper based ng august 24 until now wala pa
Yung MR ko I'm so worried po halo 13 days na wala pa
Medical request ko

RonaBella

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Hello I've been reading this thread for several days now and been learning a lot. Kakalungkot lang kasi medyo outdated na, so I am hoping may magreply sa akin :)

So my common law partner applied for WP and was advised by his employer na i-apply ang SOWP ko at the same time of his application. We sent our application last February 6, received his MR February 9, Got his approval on February 21 and his stamped passport on February 27.

I would like to ask if meron kaya ng same situation like sa amin? Yung sabay nag apply ng WP and SOWP? What are the chances of refusal? Nakakakaba kasi on my 5th week of waiting now pero wala pa din akong MR na narerecieve.

Hoping someone could enlighten me :)

mcaranay

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
07-26-2017
Passport Req..
09-05-2017
Hello I've been reading this thread for several days now and been learning a lot. Kakalungkot lang kasi medyo outdated na, so I am hoping may magreply sa akin :)

So my common law partner applied for WP and was advised by his employer na i-apply ang SOWP ko at the same time of his application. We sent our application last February 6, received his MR February 9, Got his approval on February 21 and his stamped passport on February 27.

I would like to ask if meron kaya ng same situation like sa amin? Yung sabay nag apply ng WP and SOWP? What are the chances of refusal? Nakakakaba kasi on my 5th week of waiting now pero wala pa din akong MR na narerecieve.

Hoping someone could enlighten me :)
Hi, did you get any update for your SOWP application?

RonaBella

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Hi, did you get any update for your SOWP application?
Hello mcaranay,

As of May 3rd, I was on my 12th week of waiting. And as per CIC's website, processing time for Philippines is 8 weeks. Still no update as of this writing. But my agency emailed Manila Immigration Canada last May 3rd as per advise from VFS, to follow up on my application. :)

mcaranay

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
07-26-2017
Passport Req..
09-05-2017
Hello mcaranay,

As of May 3rd, I was on my 12th week of waiting. And as per CIC's website, processing time for Philippines is 8 weeks. Still no update as of this writing. But my agency emailed Manila Immigration Canada last May 3rd as per advise from VFS, to follow up on my application. :)
I hope you get your response ASAP. The immigration office is expected to reply for applications which is beyond the projected processing times, unfortunately I'm not sure if there is a call centre/hotline for such inquiries for applications made outside Canada. I know an email was already sent but have you also tried asking if there is a number you can call?

Is your partner already in Canada and working now?
I don't know a scenario the same as yours where both applications were filed as the same time.
The requirement for SOWP to be granted is that you should be spouse/common law partner of someone who holds a WP.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=177&top=17

During the application, you are not eligible but Technically, right now you are, because your partner got it already. It might be the timing that caused a delay. They process first your partner, and now yours if you are eligible... although it was submitted at the same time.

That is only what i know because I also applied for my wife's SOWP which was granted. I was already working for a few months when applied for her SOWP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sky29 and RonaBella

RonaBella

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
I hope you get your response ASAP. The immigration office is expected to reply for applications which is beyond the projected processing times, unfortunately I'm not sure if there is a call centre/hotline for such inquiries for applications made outside Canada. I know an email was already sent but have you also tried asking if there is a number you can call?

Is your partner already in Canada and working now?
I don't know a scenario the same as yours where both applications were filed as the same time.
The requirement for SOWP to be granted is that you should be spouse/common law partner of someone who holds a WP.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=177&top=17

During the application, you are not eligible but Technically, right now you are, because your partner got it already. It might be the timing that caused a delay. They process first your partner, and now yours if you are eligible... although it was submitted at the same time.

That is only what i know because I also applied for my wife's SOWP which was granted. I was already working for a few months when applied for her SOWP.
Thanks for all your inputs. Just today, I received my Medical Request! Finally, after, 3 months of waiting! I knew the follow up email that we did worked!

RonaBella

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
My common law partner is still here in the Philippines, waiting for his papers from POLO Canada. We might fly together if I get my visa at the same time he gets his OEC.

mcaranay

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
07-26-2017
Passport Req..
09-05-2017
Thanks for all your inputs. Just today, I received my Medical Request! Finally, after, 3 months of waiting! I knew the follow up email that we did worked!
Good to know. Congrats!

psalm_23

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4, 2014
Doc's Request.
Sept. 4, 2014; second doc's request-Sept. 22, 2014
AOR Received.
August 6, 2014
My common law partner is still here in the Philippines, waiting for his papers from POLO Canada. We might fly together if I get my visa at the same time he gets his OEC.
hello po! di po pa SOPW po yung sa partner nyo?tanong ko lang po sana kung yung partner nyo po nag attend pa po ba nang pdos sa cfo? salamat po

astacom

Star Member
Feb 3, 2018
Hi there, congrats. Kakaapprove ko din recently ng work permit. Pero i plan to apply my wife SOWP when she gets to canada (kasi may visitor visa sya pati anak namin).

Pero ask ko lang, required din ba yung POLO stuff (hindi ba't para sa mga OFW abroad lang to) or did he apply for Work permit somewhere abroad? Kasi PDOS at OEC lang ang plan kong kunin. I am currently in PH and flying this june.

RonaBella

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
hello po! di po pa SOPW po yung sa partner nyo?tanong ko lang po sana kung yung partner nyo po nag attend pa po ba nang pdos sa cfo? salamat po
hi psalm_23, ako po yung SOWP, yung partner ko po ang WP. Sa pagkakaalam ko po kapag SOWP, no need for POLO/PDOS/OEC.

RonaBella

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Hi there, congrats. Kakaapprove ko din recently ng work permit. Pero i plan to apply my wife SOWP when she gets to canada (kasi may visitor visa sya pati anak namin).

Pero ask ko lang, required din ba yung POLO stuff (hindi ba't para sa mga OFW abroad lang to) or did he apply for Work permit somewhere abroad? Kasi PDOS at OEC lang ang plan kong kunin. I am currently in PH and flying this june.
Hi astacom, required po ang POLO (sa WP holder), kasi hindi ka bibigyan ni POEA ng OEC kapag wala kang POLO and PDOS. Pero yung SOWP, no need for POLO,PDOS, OEC.