Med's Done....
01-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
In God's time.
LANDED..........
IF GOD'S WILL, SOON...............
amskee said:
hi po! i am new here.
My husband got a job offer and we are both in the Philippines. When he applies for a work permit, can i apply for a spousal open work permit together with his application? thanks!
Yes you can apply but the possibilities of refusal is high.Let your husband first land in Canada then you can proceed to apply for SOWP. You must remember that when you apply for SOWP you need your husband work permit, LMO and contract copies etc.Your husband still don't have work permit. Note also that you can apply only as SOWP if your husband job belongs to NOC A, NOC O and NOC B. Hopes it helps
God bless us all :) :) :)

kayasein

Apr 9, 2013
my husband is not a skilled worker in canada... i cant apply for the spouse open work permit... what are the other options? please help me.... thank you

kayasein

Apr 9, 2013
my husband is not a skilled worker in canada... i cant apply for the spouse open work permit... what are the other options? please help me.... thank you

kayasein

Apr 9, 2013
my husband is not a skilled worker in canada... i cant apply for the spouse open work permit... what are the other options? please help me.... thank you... by the way i have a job offer in canada... will i be deny if my husband is not yet skilled? what do u think? please help me

ATS2012

Star Member
Dec 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-12-2012
AOR Received.
31-01-2013
Med's Request
31-01-2013
Med's Done....
01-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
In God's time.
LANDED..........
kayasein said:
Look for the employer that is the fastest way.

ATS2012

Star Member
Dec 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-12-2012
AOR Received.
31-01-2013
Med's Request
31-01-2013
Med's Done....
01-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
In God's time.
LANDED..........
kayasein said:
my husband is not a skilled worker in canada... i cant apply for the spouse open work permit... what are the other options? please help me.... thank you... by the way i have a job offer in canada... will i be deny if my husband is not yet skilled? what do u think? please help me
Good to hear that you have a job offer. It is a very good opportunity. When you applied for TWP
you are judge according to your qualification and experience, make sure to emphasize your strong connections to your
home country such as assets, family etc. to avoid the VO thinks that you will not comeback to your home country once granted
the work permit to work in Canada since your husband was working in Canada also. Hope it helps. God bless us all :) :) :)

kayasein

Apr 9, 2013
ATS2012 said:
Good to hear that you have a job offer. It is a very good opportunity. When you applied for TWP
you are judge according to your qualification and experience, make sure to emphasize your strong connections to your
home country such as assets, family etc. to avoid the VO thinks that you will not comeback to your home country once granted
the work permit to work in Canada since your husband was working in Canada also. Hope it helps. God bless us all :) :) :)
i hope the refusal is not high...

amskee

Apr 10, 2013
ATS2012 said:
Yes you can apply but the possibilities of refusal is high.Let your husband first land in Canada then you can proceed to apply for SOWP. You must remember that when you apply for SOWP you need your husband work permit, LMO and contract copies etc.Your husband still don't have work permit. Note also that you can apply only as SOWP if your husband job belongs to NOC A, NOC O and NOC B. Hopes it helps
God bless us all :) :) :)

my husband's job offer is in the skilled worker category...thanks for the quick reply :) this really helps because i'm confused with the family information form-there is a portion there that asks 'will accompany you to canada?' then there's a box for yes or no.

ATS2012

Star Member
Dec 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-12-2012
AOR Received.
31-01-2013
Med's Request
31-01-2013
Med's Done....
01-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
In God's time.
LANDED..........
amskee said:
my husband's job offer is in the skilled worker category...thanks for the quick reply :) this really helps because i'm confused with the family information form-there is a portion there that asks 'will accompany you to canada?' then there's a box for yes or no.
If any dependents of the principal applicant applied together at the same time with the application of the principal
applicant you choice YES. For example If a wife apply also for SOWP and child apply for TRV if less than 6 years old.
You choice NO if only your husband applied for work permit and TRV and decided for the case of his dependents later.

jeanmichille

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 8, 2012
AOR Received.
November 3, 2012
Med's Request
November 3, 2012
Med's Done....
November 8, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 29, 2013
LANDED..........
February 14, 2013 :) :) Thank you so much Lord :)
gwendeerich said:
Hi sa inyong lahat, bago lang po ako dito and this is my first na magsulat kasi may gusto sana akong ikonsulta sa inyong lahat. thanks in advance.

My husband has applied for SOWP for me inside canada, my TRV will be submitted in manila once we get the approval of SOWP. One of the requirements is proof of funds, how much is fund needed?, and what are the other requirements and how long it will take.

Marami pong salamat, talagang marami na rin akong matutunan dito sa trend na ito, God bless and Good luck po sa ating lahat na nangangarap makapunta sa Canada para mabigyan ng magandang buhay ang mga pamilya natin at par ana rin sa atin.

Hello sis medyo nalito din ako sa procedure ng application mo... if you will apply for SOWP and eventually ma approve, no need to apply for TRV separately kasi once ma approve ang SOWP mo, tinatatakan kaagad yung passport mo ng Visa at yung work permit mo is only issued at the port of entry. Mababasa mo din yan sa CIC website nila na no need ka na mag file ng Visa if SOWP 'yung application mo, same din pag TFW (temporary foreign worker) automatic yung visa tinatatak sa passport pag ma approve tas sa port of entry na binibigay ang work permit.

Regarding naman sa Proof of funds, if ikaw lang mag-isa at walang kasamang anak sa application, di masyadong strikto ang VO unless na lang pag may anak na kasama kasi mag work ka naman dun, Yung iba hindi nagbibigay ng bank certificates, approved naman pero 'yung iba naninigurado kaya nagsama na sila ng bank certificates na at least 3k Cad. Depende pa din kasi sa VO na hahawak sa application mo kasi hindi lang naman proof of funds ang batayan ng VO to approve or deny...maraming factors silang tinitingnan...

jeanmichille

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 8, 2012
AOR Received.
November 3, 2012
Med's Request
November 3, 2012
Med's Done....
November 8, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 29, 2013
LANDED..........
February 14, 2013 :) :) Thank you so much Lord :)
Einjh said:
ahihi.. eh kasi yun ang sinabi ng fiance ko.. yung kasama nya kasi sa house ay ganun ang ginawa nung kinuha nya ang husband nya sa pinas. Un babae na nasa canada ang nagfile ng application nila then everything went well naman.. after 2 mos daw dumating na MR nung guy and after another 2 mos eh flight na to canada. Well, kung pwede naman na ako ang mag apply eh siguro ako nalang din.. im just thinking na maybe mas maexpedite ang application pag un principal mismo ang nag apply don direct sa Canada kesa tau na sa pinas pa..hehe but not so sure about this... :)
Sis your fiance cannot file your application inside Canada kasi andyan ka pa sa pinas... same lang ang procedure dadaan pa din sa CIC Manila.

Na appreciate ko 'yung way mo na binabasa talaga ang thread na ito from the very beginning ( I hope all the newbies here would also do the same), kasi alam mo, before din sa case ko, i really dont have any idea tungkol sa SOWP or kung paano simulan ang application namin ng anak ko (even sa pag gather sa docs di ko alam kung magiging tama at kompleto), the good thing was, i found this thread and i read it patiently from the very beginning at all the needed information nakikita ko, malaking na save ko sa agency fee (mostly they charge 1,000 to 1,200 cad per person) kasi i filed my SOWP application and my son's student Visa on my own. Thanks God it was approved at reunited na din kami ng husband ko :)

laialbert

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
Hello po sa inyo! May additional requirements na hinihingi sa akin to get a work permit like medical, police clearances and paystubs/payslips sa mga previous jobs ko sa Phils. and in the U.S. My question is: Do you have any idea kung how many months ang kelangan kong pay stubs/slips pra mai-notarize and mai-send sa CIC together with the other docus/requirements na hinihingi nila?
Thanks a lot po, your response will be highly appreciated! :)