allam

Dec 9, 2012
Mumbai,India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
overall 8.0
For Internetworking Students
By M S Manan Saini in DALHOUSIE University Help Group - ( DUHG ) (Files)
I will provide some information regarding Internetworking department may be it will useful for someone:

1. Your classes will be Held at B Building of Sexton Campus Building. Here is the Google map location:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=sexton+house+nova+scotia&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

2. Your department website is: http://internetworking.engineering.dal.ca/

If you need to contact Program director or our program administrator or any quires realtred that here is the contact us page of this program:

http://internetworking.engineering.dal.ca/Contact_Us.php

For ease the Main contact info:

Program Director:
Dr. Bill Robertson
bill.robertson@dal.ca

Program administrator :
Shelley Caines
shelley.caines@dal.ca

Office Assistant:
Crystal Vaughan
crystal.vaughan@dal.ca

3. If you wanna know the text books you may need for this program then here is the list of textbooks:

http://internetworking.engineering.dal.ca/Current%20students/Textbook_List/

4. Program fees information page:
http://internetworking.engineering.dal.ca/Program%20overview/Program_Fees1.php

5. Classes are held two days a week usually. you will get schedule before the classes will start.

6. Every course has 1 and half month duration i.e. approx 6 weeks course each.

7. You need to do registeration for courses before starting of classes.
for registration login here:
https://dalonline.dal.ca/PROD/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin

and under students tab you have to register your first 2 courses. Confirm it from Crystal which are the two courses that you need to register initially.

8. Course duration is two years, earlier there are both option one year and two year, But now they removed the one year option.

9. Some people experiencing problem during Pin creation. you need to fill SIN number. You don't have SIN number so you need to enter this : 999 999 998 as a SIN number, Of-course without spaces.

10. When you will be here (Halifax) you need to collect your DAL card. There is Student services office at sexton campus. So you can collect your DAL card from Sexton campus itself. You can submit your photo online or they will take your snap at the same instant. If you will submit your photo online then you need to collect your DAL card from main campus.

11. You need to setup your inwk account, For this when you will be here Just go to DAG Office and He will set up a INWK account for you. Without account you cannot access any computer in INWK LAB.

12. Fees:

In INWK course total fees is 23100 $ CAD (except health insurance and other funds). you have to pay your course fees before starting of classes of that particular course.

In each term there are 2 courses offered to you. If your grades are good in first two courses (first term) you may take permission from Program Director (Dr. Bill Robertson) to take more than 2 courses per term. Which is not recommended Because it will effect your work permit as well as a post graduate work permit. If you will take more than two courses per term then for sure you will take either one course or nothing in the coming terms. At that point your Off Campus Work Permit will become invalid and you have to return your work permit back to authority. The reason why it will become invalid is for INWK students is that you have to maintain your FULL TIME student status, which mean you have to undergo at least 9 course credit hours every term and in INWK every course has 5 Credit hours so by taking two courses its total 10 Credit hours every term. If you will take only one course or no course at all in any term you will become Part -Time student and your work permit become invalid. So plan accordingly.

So per course fees is 2310 $ CAD, and whole term fees is approximate 5000 $ CAD (2310 +2310 +misc). For the very first term it will be more than 5K because of your health insurance fees.

13. Seat Reservation Fees:

When you will got acceptance letter then INWK dept ask you to pay Seat Reservation Fees of 2500$. This fees will be adjusted in your first term fees. In case your VISA got rejected then this fees will be refund back. Only in case if your VISA got rejected.

14. Scholarships

There is no entrance Scholarship in INWK, But After 4 Courses your performance will be evaluated. So Whoever gets highest graded in all first 4 courses will get scholarship. Scholarship amount varies depend on funding that department got. Generally its approx 4000$ and if your class size is 30 number of scholarship is usually 5, if your class size is 60 then it will be 10 scholarships.

Courtesy: M S Manan Saini,Dalhousie University Help Group(FB Group)

preet11789

May 23, 2014
i have recievd mail from dalhousie university
'I am happy to inform you your application has received a positive review and we will be moving forward with a recommendation for admission,you have to wait for final acceptance letter it will take two to three weeks.' on 29th april
what does that mean ..... today is 26th may i havn't received it yet.

can u suggest me something

preet

May 30, 2014
Hi Preet,

I have also applied for the September 2014 batch and waiting for the reply from the Dalhousie University as I have applied for the MEng - Internetworking. Can you please tell me what is your profile and TOEFL or IELTS scores ?

Regards,
Jagraj Singh

aamir_comsian123

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
27-11-2014
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2014
Hello everyone.
I m aamir khan. I have done BS electrical(telecom) engineering. I want to apply for MEng internetworking at dalhousie university and Master of engineering management at memorial univ.

My profile is:
Matric 76 %
FSc 71%
BS electrical(telecom) engg CGPA 2.41 ( 67.3%)
3.5 years of work experience in a telecom company.

Please guide me what are my chances at these two universities
Possitive response will be appreciated.
thanks in advance

b.arvind87

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
@preet11789 : I had got acceptance in March.., for me it took 3 weeks for the status to move from recommend to acceptance by faculty of graduate studies.., mail to Lauren or Shelly to get an update on status.

aamir_comsian123

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
27-11-2014
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2014
Guys i m waiting for your kind response. thank you

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
@aamir: Go for Dalhousie. I am graduated from internetworking program last year. It's a bit intensive but very good program. You will get exposure to new technology plus the program will prepare you for job market.
Apply with confidence, you will get accepted.

b.arvind87

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
@ aamir_comsian123 : i have a profile similar to yours, and i have been accepted into the program ..

@ se7en : as you have completed the program how do you rate the future outlook of the program or networking in Canada in general..

aamir_comsian123

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
27-11-2014
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2014
se7en said:
@ aamir: Go for Dalhousie. I am graduated from internetworking program last year. It's a bit intensive but very good program. You will get exposure to new technology plus the program will prepare you for job market.
Apply with confidence, you will get accepted.
thank u so much for your reply. dear brother the thing is that i have 2 years of part time experience and 1.5 years of full time. I mean when i was doing my bachler's at the same time i was also doing part time job. so my question is that Will it effect my profile in getting admission?

aamir_comsian123

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
27-11-2014
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2014
b.arvind87 said:
@ aamir_comsian123 : i have a profile similar to yours, and i have been accepted into the program ..

@ se7en : as you have completed the program how do you rate the future outlook of the program or networking in Canada in general..
Dear b.arvind87 as my percentage is low (67.3%) will they convert my percentage according to their own grading system which becomes 3.3 according to dalhousie equivalency chart?? and they are not asking for IELTS so I am submitting English proficiency letter from my univ. Is it good to apply without IELTS?
Do you still believe that I may get admission?
I am really waiting for your help. thanks

b.arvind87

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
Hello aamir..
i also have 67% in my B.E...,and it should be ok to apply.Dalhousie specifically does not ask for a IELTS if the medium of instruction in univ/college is mentioned as English.But for the VISA later its better to have IELTS.., i had taken TOEFL though as i was applying for US as well.

For work ex .., just show the things as it are in the resume or SOP .., so that its not ambiguous..

aamir_comsian123

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
27-11-2014
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2014
b.arvind87 said:
Hello aamir..
i also have 67% in my B.E...,and it should be ok to apply.Dalhousie specifically does not ask for a IELTS if the medium of instruction in univ/college is mentioned as English.But for the VISA later its better to have IELTS.., i had taken TOEFL though as i was applying for US as well.

For work ex .., just show the things as it are in the resume or SOP .., so that its not ambiguous..
hello dear b.arvind87 brother .
thank you so much for your help. I am really praying for you. God bless you.
should I apply online or in hard form? I mean if I apply online then should I need to submitt the refrence letters in hard form (sealed envelop)?
Stay blessed brother

b.arvind87

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
hello aamir,

thnks for your wishes.., you can either apply online or in hard copy .., i had applied online.. in that case while submitting your online form you need to enter the university or official mail addresses of the prof. or referrals.., and it will send a automatic mail to their mail id for them to fill an link to online LOR form.
Note that in case you have a referral from corporate ( manager in your company etc) the online form wont accept it and that has to be done using hard copy ..

aamir_comsian123

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
27-11-2014
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2014
dear bro i m really thankful for your response regarding my questions. Now i m very clear about applying to dalhousie university. If I have any question regarding admssion in future I will again contact you. thank you once again