Med's Request
May 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
i hope sooon...
Passport Req..
i hope sooon...
hi there...can somebody please enlighten me....here's my situation.....i am with my new employer and we submitted application for work permit at Alberta last May 13, 2010 for it to be processed....my query is...the Working Visa stamped on my passport from my country of origin will expire on May 30,2010....do i need to renew this? if yes, where, how & when can i do this? since i am now awaiting for the work permit my employer filed for me....thanks and hoping someone can help me about this?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
hawk0404 said:
hi there...can somebody please enlighten me....here's my situation.....i am with my new employer and we submitted application for work permit at Alberta last May 13, 2010 for it to be processed....my query is...the Working Visa stamped on my passport from my country of origin will expire on May 30,2010....do i need to renew this? if yes, where, how & when can i do this? since i am now awaiting for the work permit my employer filed for me....thanks and hoping someone can help me about this?
When does your current work permit expire? You can send an application for a TRV to a visa office in the US once you receive your new WP. It takes 47 days to process WP for a new employer.

hawk0404

Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2012
Med's Request
May 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
i hope sooon...
Passport Req..
i hope sooon...
thanks job-seeker for taking time out answering me

i don't have current work permit since i changed employer & they declared i resigned, the one filed at Alberta (May 13, 2010) which we are still waiting for will be my new work permit

re- working visa...where do i need to go and can u tell me how will i do it, how much and can i do this in one day? even if my work permit arrives I still need to renew the Work Visa stamped on my passport, right?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
hawk0404 said:
thanks job-seeker for taking time out answering me

i don't have current work permit since i changed employer & they declared i resigned, the one filed at Alberta (May 13, 2010) which we are still waiting for will be my new work permit

re- working visa...where do i need to go and can u tell me how will i do it, how much and can i do this in one day? even if my work permit arrives I still need to renew the Work Visa stamped on my passport, right?
Even if you were declared resigned, you still have in your possession your old work permit. When does it expire? For your TRV, you can go to Canadian visa offices/consulates in the US. Check their application processing times. Some of them you can get in a day, if you go early enough and your application is in order (needed documents on the checklist complete).

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/visa_temp.aspx?lang=eng

hawk0404

Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2012
Med's Request
May 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
i hope sooon...
Passport Req..
i hope sooon...
my old work permit from previous employer expires on July 11, 2012

does renewing my Visa needs for me to go there personally and be interviewed?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
hawk0404 said:
my old work permit from previous employer expires on July 11, 2012

does renewing my Visa needs for me to go there personally and be interviewed?
You wanted one day processing :) Okay so wait out your new work permit then send your application to the closest visa office in the US.

hawk0404

Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2012
Med's Request
May 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
i hope sooon...
Passport Req..
i hope sooon...
do i need to get a US Visa inorder for me to go to Buffalo and renew? Can i ask too if under "REQUIREMENTS FOR TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA APPLICANTS WITH TEMPORARY STATUS IN CANADA"..is this the one i need?

im sorry its just that i have no idea how this goes...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
hawk0404 said:
do i need to get a US Visa inorder for me to go to Buffalo and renew? Can i ask too if under "REQUIREMENTS FOR TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA APPLICANTS WITH TEMPORARY STATUS IN CANADA"..is this the one i need?

im sorry its just that i have no idea how this goes...
If you're not from a country whose citizens do not need visa to enter the US then you need a visitor visa. Yes, that is the one you need. You can actually just send your application; n need to go there personally. Would take a few days processing.