+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Canadian Education, do we need to include university/college transcripts or does the official Certificate of Completion is enough??

Eärendil

Sep 16, 2022
I got my ITA 2 days ago, and my common-law partner and I need to upload our proofs of Canadian education.

I have a 2 year Graduate Diploma from a college, and my partner has a 1 year Graduate Certificate and a Master's Degree.

We don't have transcripts, only official certificates and letters of completion. Should they suffice?

Bonus question: My partner is not the primary applicant and they don't have an ECA done for their foreign Bachelor's Degree. From what I've heard, they don't need an ECA as their Master's Degree is the highest education received and also from Canada. Do they need an ECA for the Bachelor's stuff?

Would be quite the hassle if we have to get that now (they had applied for ECA but WES has issues with it because the 2nd and 3rd year transcripts are directly published by the uni and 1st year by its affiliated college).

Been scratching our head about it. Any advice would be helpful.

D

Deleted member 1083629

I got my ITA 2 days ago, and my common-law partner and I need to upload our proofs of Canadian education.

I have a 2 year Graduate Diploma from a college, and my partner has a 1 year Graduate Certificate and a Master's Degree.

We don't have transcripts, only official certificates and letters of completion. Should they suffice?

Bonus question: My partner is not the primary applicant and they don't have an ECA done for their foreign Bachelor's Degree. From what I've heard, they don't need an ECA as their Master's Degree is the highest education received and also from Canada. Do they need an ECA for the Bachelor's stuff?

Would be quite the hassle if we have to get that now (they had applied for ECA but WES has issues with it because the 2nd and 3rd year transcripts are directly published by the uni and 1st year by its affiliated college).

Been scratching our head about it. Any advice would be helpful.
I included both the transcripts and diploma. Why can't you get a transcript? At least my school had an option of issuing an official e-transcript.

ECA needs to be done for the highest degree only. In your case, no ECA is needed as the Masters is from Canada.

Eärendil

Sep 16, 2022
I included both the transcripts and diploma. Why can't you get a transcript? At least my school had an option of issuing an official e-transcript.

ECA needs to be done for the highest degree only. In your case, no ECA is needed as the Masters is from Canada.
Oh, that's cool! Yeah, I'll request for e-transcripts and include them. Hopefully that won't take long.

Also, thank you! That ECA question was really grinding my gears and it's a relief to know that won't be a hurdle.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Oh, that's cool! Yeah, I'll request for e-transcripts and include them. Hopefully that won't take long.

Also, thank you! That ECA question was really grinding my gears and it's a relief to know that won't be a hurdle.
Nah. E-transcripts take 1-2 minutes to be received by you through the email.