+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For canada PR

Ssupriya

Feb 19, 2020
Hello,
Want to know that is it mandatory to put our marriage status on facebook for getting PR in Canada??? We are having marriage certificate and joint bank account.
We recently met and had a court marriage with the approval of our families. We didn't had a big fat marriage function. We just having pics of our small function happend on court marriage day. Is that enough to proove our marriage is real!!! We did court marriage because my husband has to leave on 22 jan for canada and we did court marriage on 16 jan.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - it's not mandatory to update facebook.

If it's normal to have a large wedding for your culture and you only had a small wedding, this can sometimes cause concerns that it's a genuine marriage.

Ssupriya

Feb 19, 2020
Thank you for replying.
I am just worried because one of friend said that it is mandatory and IRCC people check your facebook details and all.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for replying.
I am just worried because one of friend said that it is mandatory and IRCC people check your facebook details and all.
It certainly raises a red flag especially given your small wedding right before leaving for Canada. Has your spouse landed already? If not he can’t land if you just got married and must update his COPR.

Just realized he is already in Canada. Hopefully he didn’t land in January and was only returning to Canada.

Reactions: Ssupriya

Ssupriya

Feb 19, 2020
He was here for 3 months for marriage purpose. We met through matrimony and for two months we continously met and had conversation, met our families and finally it was yes for marriage from side of the family. When we decided to do court marriage it was already January and due to kite festival we didn't did marry upto 14 jan because as per Hinduism we cannot celebrate or do good things upto 14 jan. So we decided do to court marriage on 16 jan. He completed all the procedures on 16 jan and at home we had a small celebration. After than on 22 jan he has to return to canada as he already booked the tickets.

Ssupriya

Feb 19, 2020
He came on 22 nov and left on 22 jan. His file for PR is already in process. In between we got married and now he updated his file as married and now we both are applying for PR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
He came on 22 nov and left on 22 jan. His file for PR is already in process. In between we got married and now he updated his file as married and now we both are applying for PR.
Are you not posting that you are married in Facebook because you are having a larger ceremony later?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes. Because only close relatives k ows about our court marriage.
That is why this is potentially a problem. Would update both your social media. It isn’t a sponsorship application so you are in a bit of a better situation but the court marriage to add you to the PR application screams ceremony only to qualify for PR. Had he received his approval and then resubmitted to add you?

Ssupriya

Feb 19, 2020
His file was on process and after marriage he just changed his status from single to married. In spouce he add me and my wes and ielts also done.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013

Ssupriya

Feb 19, 2020
We have all proofs and things are genuine. At the end we need to face interview and we are ready for that too. Beacuse everything is right in our case. I am a phd student. I was not having enough time to do a big fat wedding and in future too will not have any big fat wedding. Will just have a small ceremony for our relatives. I don't understand just to put a status on facebook creates this much impact in our whole PR process. Facebook is personal choice. Once should not decide the things just based on facebook.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We have all proofs and things are genuine. At the end we need to face interview and we are ready for that too. Beacuse everything is right in our case. I am a phd student. I was not having enough time to do a big fat wedding and in future too will not have any big fat wedding. Will just have a small ceremony for our relatives. I don't understand just to put a status on facebook creates this much impact in our whole PR process. Facebook is personal choice. Once should not decide the things just based on facebook.
why are you not willing to make your marriage public on social media?

Ssupriya

Feb 19, 2020
Because we did instant court marriage as he has to leave for canada and only my mom dad and brother knows about my marriage from my family side. Other relatives don't knw. From boy side all relatives knows.