+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Applicants of 2007 (in London): Has Anyone received documents update letter?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yet another week gone by. No update request letters for 2007 Apllicants.
Guys, please update us, if you receive one. Most people just get themselves sorted and kind of leave.Don't forget that there are many others waiting.

BobbyB

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Posted by canglobal (787) 5 minutes ago
to kash0081:

"I know it is frustrating having put your life on hold. The problem is the back log. They try and predict when something is going to be reviewed but then things happen and the BF date comes and goes. However they should review the file shortly. Visa offices really slow down in December because officer go home to Canada to be with family for Christmas. Lets hope they look at the file within the next few weeks." Camilla

shahida

Sep 30, 2009
hi to all 2007 applicants.
i applied under this category in march 2007.
got aor in may 2007.documents requested in may 2009.
documents sent in aug 2009.......
......and still waiting.
e cas showing "in process"from day one.
.....so help me GOD.
regards.
shahida.

Bigmo

May 24, 2009
BobbyB said:
Yet another week gone by. No update request letters for 2007 Apllicants.
Guys, please update us, if you receive one. Most people just get themselves sorted and kind of leave.Don't forget that there are many others waiting.

BobbyB
Still no response? Whats going on man?

wasted youth

Nov 21, 2009
Hi guys...

Here are my details...

AOR received May 07
Request to Update Documents June 09
Documents Send Oct 09

Anyone know how long for a decision / medical request after sending in all the documents?

Planning to get married too...so what would be the last stage to include spouse without delaying the application? Would it be advisable to include prior to Medical request or rather prior to submission of the passport for stamping of the visa?

Regards
WaStEd YoUtH

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
does anyone else think that there will be no more movements this year?
The person right behind me on trackitt got his letter on 02 NOVEMBER, he applied on 31 AUGUST and I applied 6 days later in September.
I guess that if I see that people start getting any letters who had applied after me, I will give it a shot and send them an email to see what is going on.
I live in London, so hopefully I get this letter very soon, but I am thinking now maybe end of January/beginning of February.

I am starting to research notary publics and translators as I have 1 document that will have to be translated to English. ANY recommendations on any notary publics in or around London? ALso, I need to get police clearance from USA and I will probably get my fingerprints taken at Scotland Yard, it is quite pricy but apparently they know exactly what they are doing. Hoping to be able to send my documents as soon as I get the clearances back from the USA and UK.

piolo

Star Member
Mar 30, 2009
Edupolo, your post brightens my day!!!! It's great bobbyB, isn't it? At least the topic initiated
by you is still alive and watched by August to december 2007 applicants. Hope our day will come
in a few months.

Hoping someone will reply to suffice edupolo's inquiries.

Piolo

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
I applied in September as well, like we were discussing earlier about August applicants, they were delayed for almost 3 months, so i think based on that, December can be a good month for Sept applicants. For edupolo's notary attestaions, if you search it on google, it'll come up with couple of companies, call them and ask their rates, any company who do notary attestations is good to go with.

ManiB

Star Member
May 11, 2007
Hello there,

Just wondering if anybody has had their document request letter this month (December)?
What a time to be expecting anything in the post around xmas with the increased chance of things going missing! Hopefully we'll have some sort of indication on the forum, of any movement at the embassy for us 2007 applicants.

Happy Xmas and hopefully 2010 will bring us all the news we are waiting for!

M

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ManiB,
Seasons Greetings to you and all forum members.
Well, I think you should not expect anything until "next year" for old Applications (2007 in this case). They stopped with Aug/early Sept2007 applicants.
I did send them an email to enquire about my case and I was specifically and correctly informed in their reply, that the AOR they sent me, explained that the processing times for the skilled worker category is 42-48 months and that, that is the standard time for FSW - Well, 100%TRUE. (I am talking of the London office).
So, from that day on, I have learn't to continue with my life here in the UK and released the "Hand brakes" I had put on it.
Believe it or not, since that day, I am a lot happier than when I was always waiting to expect something in the post or via email.
I am sure a lot of us still wake up in the morning and wait for the Post Man, to see whether they will get anything, isn't it? (LOL)
Well, for me, that and the whole excitement and anxiety seems to be over. (LOL).

The good thing right now is, Kids have broken today from school, Holiday's planned and booked and life continues.

Good Luck and All the best!!!

BobbyB.

tonnyinchina

Star Member
Mar 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
15th October 2010
BobbyB,Whats going on? Any positive outcome your side yet? My side,I got a request letter for Medicals/RPRF/PPR this month. However a statement made it clear that,such requests mean no guarantee on visa issuance.I have already made the submissions.Yo BobbyB what do make out of such a request?..I mean like,can I assume that the CHC has done some background checks and therefore asking for the listed docs? Secondly,at least the CHC has determined that I have hit the 67 mark,right?Thats my assumption..could I be correct?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tonnyinchina said:
BobbyB,Whats going on? Any positive outcome your side yet? My side,I got a request letter for Medicals/RPRF/PPR this month. However a statement made it clear that,such requests mean no guarantee on visa issuance.I have already made the submissions.Yo BobbyB what do make out of such a request?..I mean like,can I assume that the CHC has done some background checks and therefore asking for the listed docs? Secondly,at least the CHC has determined that I have hit the 67 mark,right?Thats my assumption..could I be correct?
Hi Tonnyinchina,

Seasons Greetings.
No man , nothing positive yet, with regards to my case. No letter. Only a generic reply to an email I sent them a few weeks ago.
If you read my post above, I did mention about me writing them an email and the reply I got and how I feel now about the whole situation (LOL).
Anyway, Good for you that you have got a request to submit your documents. That is the starting and that is what almost everyone with the simplified application wait for (pre-new rules).What will happen is, in my view, They will now access and assess what you have claimed in your initial application (the so called Simplified Application form). If you hit the 67 points, and the docs are verifiable and everything is satisfactory, and you also pass the Medicals, then, nothing will stop them from Granting/issuing you the visa.

With regards to the statement, "However such requests mean no guarantee on visa issuance.I have already made the submissions,", I think this is a Generic letter they send clients when they ask for everything all at once, i.e Docs, Medicals, RPRF. And as such no need to panic. I am sure all will be well with your case provided everything is satisfactory i.e The documents, Medicals, Background checks etc.

If I were you, I would not assume anything at this stage. However, the good news is that an IO has opened your file now and is busy doing all the necessary things and carrying out all the necessary tasks to grant you a Visa.

Of course, nobody can be guaranteed a visa, just because they have asked him/her to put in all the docs and other stuff, init?
Again, The IO and CHC will have to verify and carry out all the necessary checks etc.
If all the criterion are satisfactorily fulfilled, then they issue the shiny visa.

From our PM communications, I am sure that you will get it, so don't panic and worry.
Just chill for now and enjoy the Season's Hols and hopefully, the new year will bring good luck and the dream news .

Best of Luck.

Kind Regards,
BobbyB

piolo

Star Member
Mar 30, 2009
Hi BobbyB,

Nice to read your posts again!!! Hoping our time will come first quarter of 2010.
Merry christmas!!!!

Piolo

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
piolo said:
Hi BobbyB,

Nice to read your posts again!!! Hoping our time will come first quarter of 2010.
Merry christmas!!!!

Piolo
Hi Piolo,

Merry Xmas and a Happy and Prosperous New year in Advance to you.
Well, that's the least we can all do - not only for the Canadian Immigration, but many other things -HOPE.
It's "the Climb".

BobbyB