+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Applicants of 2007 (in London): Has Anyone received documents update letter?

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
hahahaha, that was funny, first i was thinking which language is that and realised it's Punjabi, nice phrase !!!! I don't know from where u got that but that was prayer as well, you looks multilingual as i have seen you writing some Dutch/German language, good to see someone with talent and knowledge at last !!
Thanks for ur consolence.

Bigmo

May 24, 2009
ahmadtajwer said:
hahahaha, that was funny, first i was thinking which language is that and realised it's Punjabi, nice phrase !!!! I don't know from where u got that but that was prayer as well, you looks multilingual as i have seen you writing some Dutch/German language, good to see someone with talent and knowledge at last !!
So August is where everything stopped. I think the London office should be contacted by someone here rather than we speculating as to the reasons for the delay.

Oh well, bad luck I guess.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmadtajwer said:
Thank you Ahmad Sahib. I feel greatly honored.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bigmo said:
ahmadtajwer said:
So August is where everything stopped. I think the London office should be contacted by someone here rather than we speculating as to the reasons for the delay.

Oh well, bad luck I guess.

Good Idea but I think we should ask the AUGUST 2007 Applicants to take the lead.
I guess, if later dated candidates ask them, they may reply by saying, Don't you see that August Candidates are still waiting!! :))))

bodgerx

Oct 28, 2009
Re: For Applicants of 2007 (in London): Has Anyone received documents update let

Ok, as an August 2007 applicant, i've taken the lead and written out a (politely worded) question to London CHC via the web-form. I am not expecting any response.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: For Applicants of 2007 (in London): Has Anyone received documents update let

bodgerx said:
Ok, as an August 2007 applicant, i've taken the lead and written out a (politely worded) question to London CHC via the web-form. I am not expecting any response.
I hope you get a reply. Pls., share it, if you do get one.

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
ya i forgot to mention that i emailed CHC london couple of days ago, still no response, what i have heard is they'll only respond if there is a change in your file, in other words, if they have sent me a letter already than they'll respond otherwise a big no no. As far as postal strikes are concerned, people in this forum and other forums are still getting passport or medical requests and i've read on another forum where people have got passport requests by email. It could be a policy change in CHC office london to focus and prioritise probably latest applications under new rules.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmadtajwer said:
ya i forgot to mention that i emailed CHC london couple of days ago, still no response, what i have heard is they'll only respond if there is a change in your file, in other words, if they have sent me a letter already than they'll respond otherwise a big no no. As far as postal strikes are concerned, people in this forum and other forums are still getting passport or medical requests and i've read on another forum where people have got passport requests by email. It could be a policy change in CHC office london to focus and prioritise probably latest applications under new rules.
Fair enough, though contradictory to the "Law of fairness", if one still exists nowadays!!!

bodgerx

Oct 28, 2009

If it is a shift in focus, that would be very bad. Understandable, but bad. There was a letter issued around a year ago from someone in CIC stating that they working put in extra effort into clearing the backlog of of old system applicants, and this was reflected in a significant amount of movement from about November 2008-Summer 2009.

What is strange is why, suddenly, things have ground to a halt. Not a gradual slow down, but a full stop....

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Guys, came across these links in another thread of this forum, courtesy of Professional 1

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2009/2009-10-30.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2009/2009-10-30.asp

These links shows minister of Immigration in Candada presenting his figures in parliament stating that:
1) we aim to process all applications under new rules from 6-12 months.
2) clearing backlog of old applications as quickly as possible.
3) giving admission to more applicants under Provincial Nominee Program.

and by reading that no mention of any new occupations or rules can be found which is another new hope for new applicants trying to apply as there was this wide spread rumour that rules are about to change again for FSW.

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Guys , i have checked trackitt for new applicants, CIC is continuously issuing docs. request to all new applicants every month, it's just quiet side for old applicants.

people

Oct 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
I am also a July 2007 London office applicant.I received docs request letter in Aug 2009 and submitted my docs. in September 2009.
I have been reading posts of you guys for a while .In my view all the post August applicants should email CHC London ,abt this issue as its not a routine trend but a strange one, as why suddenly they have stopped sending docs requests to all (UK n Non UK)post August applicants.I am sure if CHC will receive such a huge number of emails about the same issue ,they will bother to reply atleast a few people or they might issue a notification on their website.Instead of just speculating and waiting for the request letter every day, its better to get the information straight from the horse's mouth.(I might be wrong but its just a sincere suggestion)
Wish everyone (& me as well) all the best.

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Ya that's right, like i said earlier, i have done and email so if anyone else is waiting just write and email and see if anything changes,thanks

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where are the update request letters Man? It is surely not the postal services strike that is the cause of the stoppage.
I am and have been getting post everyday, ever since the so-called strike "struck".

bodgerx

Oct 28, 2009

Woohoo! Document request arrived today! Was it a coincidence, given my question last week to CHC London?