+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Applicants of 2007 (in London): Has Anyone received documents update letter?

Gregor

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Hi Guys,
I think you guys are correct in saying that the difference in processing times comes after submission of the documents because inspite of the fact that I submitted all the documents in one go (Including IELTS, PCC's from three different countries and the rest of the stuff), I still have not heard anything, while some people already have. Also I have noticed that even in case of the approved cases, its taking longer this year with average days increasing from 1000 to 1200 days (quoting trackitt)
Hi Nike100,
Could you share when did you submit your application?
I was checking on trackit and noticed that there is a huge difference in processing times between UK/EU citizens and other applicants, wonder if it has something to do with background checks. We just sent our aplication last week so we'll see how it goes.

Gregor

Bigmo

May 24, 2009
Gregor said:
Hi Nike
Cheers I see it now :)
Please keep us updated on your case.
Gregor
Any August 2007 AOR document request yet? Its September now so they should have started coming. I see in trackit.com that early August AORs have received reply, but some still have not.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anybody received a documents update letter from CIC London this month (September 2009)?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just FYI: London Office closures during 2009
Date Closed for:

September 7 Labour Day
October 12 Thanksgiving
25 December Christmas Day
28 December Boxing Day

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anybody received a documents update letter from CIC London this month (September 2009)?

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Hello
I am looking at trackitt and I can tell that everyone has been contacted up to 24 July 2007.
However, there are a couple of blank spaces in between, in fact there are some people from as far back as 2006 that 'supposedly' have not received the update document letter (Just looking at London office applicants). I would like to know what you all think.

- Do they go in date order? or is it possible that they jump some people depending on the officer you have?
- Or is it just a case that this applicants do not update their trackitt case, or withdraw their applications, or these letters simply get lost on the post?

The truth is that most people that have not received their letter are from countries in Sudan, Iraq, Pakistan, Egypt, but there are also some UK ones.

I just wanted to know what you guys think of these blank spaces on trackitt.com. I am hoping to see some movements soon, since last one was on 17 August 2009.

piolo

Star Member
Mar 30, 2009
Hi edupolo,

Just like BobbyB, I am also watching your case and other 2007 applicants on queue. You are Sept. 2007
right? Mine is Nov. 2007, a Filipino. But I am glad that most Filipinos I know here in the Uae are receiving
their 120day letters in 24 to 25 months. Thanks for keeping this topic alive as initiated by BobbyB.

Piolo

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edupolo said:
Hello
I am looking at trackitt and I can tell that everyone has been contacted up to 24 July 2007.
However, there are a couple of blank spaces in between, in fact there are some people from as far back as 2006 that 'supposedly' have not received the update document letter (Just looking at London office applicants). I would like to know what you all think.

- Do they go in date order? or is it possible that they jump some people depending on the officer you have?
- Or is it just a case that this applicants do not update their trackitt case, or withdraw their applications, or these letters simply get lost on the post?

The truth is that most people that have not received their letter are from countries in Sudan, Iraq, Pakistan, Egypt, but there are also some UK ones.

I just wanted to know what you guys think of these blank spaces on trackitt.com. I am hoping to see some movements soon, since last one was on 17 August 2009.

I personally believe that some guys are just not updating regularly. Some might have even withdrawn their applications. Man, It takes a heck of a lot of time, I mean the whole immigration process and it's frustrating too - Enough time to figure out something else or even move to some other country. On the whole, I would say that our friend PIOLO is right. The CIC (LONDON) office's trend has been 24 to 25 Months to request applicants of 2007 for updates. I hope and pray that they keep to it. If they do, we still stand a chance of getting our foot in this year or early half of next year. Like PIOLO said, we are watching your case "LIVE", so please keep posting. I am still waiting to find out whether anybody has received a letter this month though.

Sep 9, 2009
Hi Guys I applied Dec 2007 and CIC recieved application on the 02/02/2008 from what I have heard I am expecting that they will request docs by Dcember 2009 I have applied under a NOC code of 1114 as a mortgage consultant under the skilled worker application to Toronto and would be interested to hear how others apllications are going. Not sure if I can apply for skilled worker under a code of 1114 so I am kinda keeping my fingers crossed.

chintu

Sep 6, 2009
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Jul-2007
Doc's Request.
01-May-2009
AOR Received.
01-Jul-2007
Med's Request
01-Aug-2010
Med's Done....
01-Sep-2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
Aug 2011
I beg to differ from the opinion that background checks is the reason which results the huge difference between processing of UK/EU citizens v/s other applicants as majority of the background and security clearances start at or after medical request stage. There are few non UK/EU applicants in Middle East who get move from Document Submission to Medical request in < 45 days, but SEVERAL of UK/EU applicants.

Chintu

Gregor said:
Hi Nike100,
I was checking on trackit and noticed that there is a huge difference in processing times between UK/EU citizens and other applicants, wonder if it has something to do with background checks. We just sent our aplication last week so we'll see how it goes.

Gregor

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chintu said:
I beg to differ from the opinion that background checks is the reason which results the huge difference between processing of UK/EU citizens v/s other applicants as majority of the background and security clearances start at or after medical request stage. There are few non UK/EU applicants in Middle East who get move from Document Submission to Medical request in < 45 days, but SEVERAL of UK/EU applicants.

Chintu

Gregor said:
Hi Nike100,

Gregor
Hey Chintu,
Welcome on board.
Are you the same Chintu who started the 2007 Applicants post on Canada Immigration Discussion Forum?.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anybody out there who received a documents update letter from CIC London in September (up till now).
It looks like they have stopped request for updates for 2007 applicants.
Please post if you have, as this is quite helpful to us applicants down the line.

Chintu, any input regards this on your forum?