+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For All The Lebanese on this forum

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Marlena, I am married to an Arab, AND I am a visible minority, I am anything but racist and I said what I said as a joke...كنت غير قادر على اتخاذ جوك {can't you take a joke?}

AND you did NOT keep my email private as YOU were the first one to mention them publicly...not me... In an attempt to attack my character, because I questioned your authenticity as a "GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL" - given your obvious lack of restraint and professionalism. And WHY would an I/O be posting for advice on a site when she herself supposedly is the most knowledged in the subject to begin with???? [It's very illogical, and I am not the only one who questioned it.]

I said nothing about my private conversation with you - YOU brought that onto the thread for ALL to see. I merely responded in context, as you were trying to take it drastically OUT of context.

I am NOT searching for any ANSWERS habibti, as I have no questions, not with respect my case anyway. And when I asked you what I did in my PRIVATE PM, it was for future POTENTIAL questions, again I had nothing to ask you and told you that at the time, but wanted a contact for a future reference, IF I did in fact have a question. Besides, what is the harm in that?

And again, you come and you try to attack my character, and you claim to be a government official *claps*, Folks, look at our government dollars at work! WoW! I'm so impressed.

Finally, that you keep responding to ME, shows YOU have something to prove, I am just defending myself. And I can respond to your text, without stooping to your level....and calling you names, as you have done many times to me - because you again are trying to blow a smoke screen over the original point of all of these posts........... even as Boncuk pointed out....which was, how can you claim to be a Government Official, and yet offer to divulge private letters from people's private files - and have not problem what so ever with that, and think it's ok - yet still admit you "might get in trouble for it". How can you possibly say you subscribe to ANY Code of Ethics???

I have yet to hear any concrete response to that, and that is the ONLY question I have asked :p. Now go chew on that......

N.B. Marlena chose to delete her post, that I replied to here.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Wow .. what the heck happened here
I think I missed some posts .. where did they go..I completely agree with you Rasha.. It's one thing to offer ones personal opinions here based on their own experiences.. but to claim you are an IO and then say to a person oh you WILL get interviewed RASHA and whomever else was named .. just seems odd to me.. Just because he is an arab male.. Well I am not a rascist.. never have been my entire life.. born and raised in Canada thank you very much.. My husband is an Egyptian.. and I am damn proud of him and my kids.. and for me to hear all these generalisations based on someone's race or religion just disgusts me.. This is supposed to be a forum for all new canadian hopeful's .. People helping people from all walks of the earth.. but when we are all anxiously waiting our results from our various cases.. some of us are anxious.. some of us are nervous.. some of us can't wait for it to finish.. some of us can't bear another day without our loved ones.. some of us aren't bothered at all.. but when you claim to be a professional.. especially one to be working in the Immigration field.. should know how highly sensitive a subject this is.. it is our families after all .. shouldnt be saying so matter of factly that someone will get interviewed FOR SURE because he is an arab.. I know plenty of arabs that didn't get interviewed even and NO they weren't even living together.. so HOW is it that you are an expert all of a sudden.. Even experts don't know as they all express different views and opinions.. that are framed around the CIC Guidlines and operating manuals.. I just think instead of answering the points Rasha was making you just lashed out (VERY UNPROFESSIONAL BTW) at me.. at her.. and I think some posts got deleted cuz it seems I have missed some things.. Just back off the personal attacks MARLENA and keep your PROFESSIONAL opinions to yourself ESPECIALLY when you don't know anything about them.. all this to make yourself feel good somehow I suppose.. :) We all try to help.. but don't claim to be an IO and use that as a basis of your opinions.. most of us have read guidelines.. and if I was in my right mind I would have to ask someone of authority in CIC or CSBA if this kind of behaviour is acceptable in a public forum for someone working for them.. especially making claims of reading thousands of letters and offering them although would probably hurt your position there :) Which you have yet to say anything about.. I guess my whole point of this rant is.. I don't really think you are an IO just read a few manuals and feel like making yourself higher somehow :) That's all for now

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
MARLENA said:
Bonchuk I know my codes of Ethics and Guildlines otherwise I wouldn't be working with CBSA and if you are not familiar with the codes go educate yourself. Also I'm not addressing this situation to you but rather to my friends who happen to ask. Rasha knows what I'm talking about. I'm not playing with anybody emotions and if you carefully search this forum a lot of people said the same thing and it's true what they wrote most men will have an interview especially when they are from middle east. I'm sponsoring my husband and he is going to have an interview like it or not. If it was the other way around it wouldn't such a big deal for the immigration. They set rules and it's not the first time you read about it so my advise to you before you jumping and be so judgmental about what I wrote search in this forum and you will get the same answer.
An interview is not to reject you but rather they need more specific answers on what you have wrote on a piece of paper.
Seriously .. first of all I took offense to your claiming that all arabian males get interviewed.. and your "friend" happens to be my friend (Rasha) and when you told her that her husband will definitely be interviewed I was taken aback.. why would you say that? You don't even know her case?!? What do you mean the other way around? A male canadian sponsoring a female arab? I've seen females even being interviewed in these forums.. So you are saying that their rules include sexism.. rascist profiling????? wow.. See the difference between you and me.. I don't believe all that I read.. and secondly.. I see the whole picture not a few cases here and there.. I have a lot more faith in the system then you do obviously.. AN INTERVIEW.. can be asked for a few reasons.. one being the relationship's genuinity. .. general concerns about the application that need verifying.. security reasons.. Allah help my brothers in Lebanon.. because according to MARLENA you're going to need it :)

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
^^ jaja

dont worry, the lebanese front is standing pretty well!!

look an interview is part of the process, and as you mentioned it could be for various reasons, but in my opinion,the idea of interviewing an applicant just proves how fair the system is, they are giving u another chance to explain.

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
Rasha & Boncuk!
u 2 have alot of useful info for alot of new applicant, and all what ur doing here is wasting ur precious energy and time on ppl who are not even worth a sec of it,just ignore..this is what i decided to do.

but seriously rasha i laughed so hard when i read this "Or is that your lebanese trait of over-exaggerating showing"

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Bonchuk I'm Lebanese if you happen to know and I'm proud of it so mind your business and read the following if you ever interested perhaps it will help you to know how the system work in Canada.

http://decisions.fca-caf.gc.ca/en/2009/2009fca27/2009fca27.html

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
boujasim said:
Rasha & Boncuk!
u 2 have alot of useful info for alot of new applicant, and all what ur doing here is wasting ur precious energy and time on ppl who are not even worth a sec of it,just ignore..this is what i decided to do.

but seriously rasha i laughed so hard when i read this "Or is that your lebanese trait of over-exaggerating showing"
LOL Boujasim - having actually seen Lebanon and lived there before any civil war, my friends and family friends know me so well - and know that I do joke a lot, but they also know that I love Lebanon more than life itself. But come on.......I know a duck when I seee one :), ya batta ya batta.

But really you have good points to what you have raised. Really, it was a slow night, and sometimes people need to be called on what they post in a public open forum- to delete posts just shows their own shame in the end, and that maybe what they were saying was really rude and unnecessary to begin with. I was called a loser, a racist, uneducated, etc...and for a person to admit that they themselves are a government official, and then use that diction, in addition the other items shown to them, is SO unprofessional to say the least!

I luckily had saved the comments elsewhere as I saw them, if I ever need them - really - one never knows who is who on this site. Instinct just told me save things as they are being said - so I have a huge word doc, about 12 pages long lol.

Anyway I just got up and need to get some coffee and get to work! Have a GREAT day boujasim :).

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
MARLENA said:
Bonchuk I'm Lebanese if you happen to know and I'm proud of it so mind your business and read the following if you ever interested perhaps it will help you to know how the system work in Canada.

Shou har heyk???? What does a ruling between two PHARMACEUTICALS and a FERTILIZER

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Rasha said:
MARLENA said:

Shou har heyk???? What does a ruling between two PHARMACEUTICALS and a FERTILIZER
(it sent before I could finish my sentence)....what does that have to do with IMMIGRATION exactly?

just curious...

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
I guess since you don't in the field that I had described in my previous posts I guess you can't find the answer you are searching for :)

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
MARLENA said:
I guess since you don't in the field that I had described in my previous posts I guess you can't find the answer you are searching for :)
Since I don't what exactly...? speak up woman and be clear with what you trying to insenuate....At least have your slag be complete and make sense! sheeesh..!

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Rasha said:
MARLENA said:
Since I don't what exactly...? speak up woman and be clear with what you trying to insenuate....At least have your slag be complete and make sense! sheeesh..!
OR are you trying to tell us that the CUSTOMS job you have is really a front as you are a full-fledged legal attorney? And really you are trying to solicit clients.....Is that it?

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
OH MY GOD....WHAT HAPPENED IN MY ABSENCE???????????????????
I left this forum yesterday at 1 after midnight (lebanon time) , everything was good, everyone like everyone, no problem, no fight...what ????was there a world war 3 in my absence...
what did i miss