+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For all in good jobs- Please think before landing

drsujaprabu

Aug 21, 2010
I completely agree with ur expert opinion Qorax Sir. Its been 3 mths since we landed here, still on our job hunt, savings are getting spent everyday, but we r so sure that we will land a job shortly. Infact its never occurred to us that we made a mistake of coming here, fully knowing that ours is a regulated profession, or mayb we shud go back. My husband left his job overseas to come here. My 6 yr old son loves his life and freedom here, his interactions in school and all, and tells every1 back home to come and join him here! Thats the magic of this place. Need lots of patience and perseverance.
Positive thoughts and inspiration from seniors like you keep us going. Thanks for ur thoughts.
Suja

edmonta

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0711 & 9212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2010
Doc's Request.
30-sept-2010
AOR Received.
1st-30th Sept 2010,2nd-08th June 2011
IELTS Request
done-7 band
File Transfer...
dont know what is this..in process from 26 april 2012
Med's Request
19-July-2013
Med's Done....
30-July-2013,ECAS updated with Medicals received on 18-Aug-2013
Interview........
not been called for..
Passport Req..
19-July-13
VISA ISSUED...
On 4th October 2013
LANDED..........
July 2014
Dear Quorax sir,

Pl. accept my kind hugs -- not only for explaining in the thread but for the person who u are..
I also do have the ditto opinion as you for the immigration to canada.Its not a job but zeal and passion for the new things to mould in your way which you can and get moulded in to which you can't.

My best regards and pray for all,
Edmonta

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
drsujaprabu said:
I completely agree with ur expert opinion Qorax Sir. Its been 3 mths since we landed here, still on our job hunt, savings are getting spent everyday, but we r so sure that we will land a job shortly. Infact its never occurred to us that we made a mistake of coming here, fully knowing that ours is a regulated profession, or mayb we shud go back. My husband left his job overseas to come here. My 6 yr old son loves his life and freedom here, his interactions in school and all, and tells every1 back home to come and join him here! Thats the magic of this place. Need lots of patience and perseverance.
Positive thoughts and inspiration from seniors like you keep us going. Thanks for ur thoughts.
Suja
Thanks Ma'am,

But catch-on something, anything, soon... it doesn't matter whether u were a Medical Practitioner before... it's the Canadian Experience which'll make your success story in due course... then u'd look back & smile@these initial days!

Good luck!

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
edmonta said:
Dear Quorax sir,

Pl. accept my kind hugs -- not only for explaining in the thread but for the person who u are..
I also do have the ditto opinion as you for the immigration to canada.Its not a job but zeal and passion for the new things to mould in your way which you can and get moulded in to which you can't.

My best regards and pray for all,
Edmonta
Accept a bear-hug from me Nevil...

edmonta

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0711 & 9212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2010
Doc's Request.
30-sept-2010
AOR Received.
1st-30th Sept 2010,2nd-08th June 2011
IELTS Request
done-7 band
File Transfer...
dont know what is this..in process from 26 april 2012
Med's Request
19-July-2013
Med's Done....
30-July-2013,ECAS updated with Medicals received on 18-Aug-2013
Interview........
not been called for..
Passport Req..
19-July-13
VISA ISSUED...
On 4th October 2013
LANDED..........
July 2014
Quorax sir,

Thanks for a hug and remembering my name too..

Regards
Edmonta

anumatri

Dec 9, 2009
Visa Office......
buffualo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-10-2010
Med's Request
waiting ...............
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2011/05/12/f-video-amanda-lang-immigrants-recession.html

schwarzeradler

Mar 10, 2010
anumatri said:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2011/05/12/f-video-amanda-lang-immigrants-recession.html
Hey Mate, this is "Blasphemy". Man, There are people on this forum who don't want to see this side of their dream land. (Just being sarcastic) ::)
Some will say, There is nothing as such in Canada, this is just a media propaganda and distraction, like the many other video cuttings we have seen.
Oh by the way, Why do they need jobs? "I thought Immigrating has nothing to do with jobs." So why do these people need jobs? Are they not immigrants? (Just being sarcastic) ::)

rsb2010

Star Member
Mar 30, 2011
Mohali
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi 0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2010
Med's Done....
Apr 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2014
LANDED..........
Mar 2014
Dear Zulkfal,
what r the prospects for a job in the banking industry?

regds
rsb

Shinygirl

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
I would like to share my experience here.....

When we decided to move we knew that it can take us a while to get jobs here....though my husband had US experience in accounting/ finance and was MBA.... and i also did my mba from USA.... but we were prepared to wait 6 months to get a job.

I started applying from US and got a call for interview while i was in US and interview the next day i landed.....though i didnt get the job, but the market didnt seem that bad....

My husband was not getting any calls through companies so he started applying to consultants here and within 6 weeks he got a job here through a consultant.....a contract position with a very nice company and great work profile.

I also got a job yesterday....though it is much less than what my batchmates are doing....but i m very excited and happy to start my work...i will gain experience, money and confidence to crack further interviews :D

So all i can say is be positive, believe in yourself and dont be harsh on yourself.....things will fall in place when they have to, believe in god, he has a path designed for you and whatever will happen will be good for u

Good luck to all

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
Congratulation :)

Wish u all the very best!!!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Shinygirl said:

When we decided to move we knew that it can take us a while to get jobs here....though my husband had US experience in accounting/ finance and was MBA.... and i also did my mba from USA.... but we were prepared to wait 6 months to get a job.

I started applying from US and got a call for interview while i was in US and interview the next day i landed.....though i didnt get the job, but the market didnt seem that bad....

My husband was not getting any calls through companies so he started applying to consultants here and within 6 weeks he got a job here through a consultant.....a contract position with a very nice company and great work profile.

I also got a job yesterday....though it is much less than what my batchmates are doing....but i m very excited and happy to start my work...i will gain experience, money and confidence to crack further interviews :D

So all i can say is be positive, believe in yourself and dont be harsh on yourself.....things will fall in place when they have to, believe in god, he has a path designed for you and whatever will happen will be good for u

Good luck to all
Well written... Congrats ma'am !

anumatri

Dec 9, 2009
Visa Office......
buffualo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-10-2010
Med's Request
waiting ...............
congra'n Shinygirl

irenesario

Star Member
Feb 14, 2009
Philippines
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
What's with the thought that "Immigrating isn't about Jobs -- it's about Change of Lifestyle - making a New Home - Securing the Future of our Kids & the future Generations" ?

Qorax

Ps.:
1. No one said that the start will be a bed of roses;
2. No one suggested that there'd be jobs on a platter;
3. No one denies the fact that u'd be treading the 'unknown';
4. Everyone knows that new land makes u a 'nobody' -- we need fresh 'orientation' & determination to succeed
5. Every first-time immigrant faces [immense] challenges - it's the future generations of his who pray & thank him !
6. It'd do us good to make new friends - and hold-on to them [and always look for an opportunity for 'hugs' - offer one if u don't get it !].
7. BTW: This place is full of ppl from Europe & the Middle East - and no one went back, why?
8. Besides, Canada Calling was our own 'call', wasn't it? And we must have [much] deliberated on it before taking that call, didn't we?

*And 'succeed' we will - if we have it in us -- all of us do !

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
Shinygirl said:

Good luck to all
congratz!! ;D

goodwill

Star Member
Jun 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad/london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2008
Doc's Request.
4-6-2009
AOR Received.
19-06-2008
IELTS Request
already given
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
17-10-2010
Med's Done....
15-11-2010
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
15-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-6-2011,d/m 28-06-2011,got passports back 6-07-2011
LANDED..........
inshalla in mid september 2011
drsujaprabu said:
Suja
Hi doc,
How are u doing ?My husband is working in middle east as a doctor.We r planning to land in september 2011.We are not sure should he quit his job or should me and kids settle down in Canada initially and later on he join us.Can u please tell me about the online courses and the initial survival jobs for doctors in canada.thanks....best of luck