+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

for Alberta PNP

AJVisa

Jun 16, 2023
Hi,
I am a PR residing in Ontario and have lived and worked in Alberta for approximately four months. I am researching different Provincial Nominee Program pathways for my sibling who is 35 years old and has 15 years of experience in the tech industry, in the NOC 0213 field and has a CRS score > 300. I was wondering if my move to Alberta would benefit her in terms of claiming family points and what eligibility requirements I need to meet, such as how long my stay in Alberta before she applies for Alberta PNP and if I need to work for an Alberta employer. I would greatly appreciate any information you can provide.

Saenz28

Aug 15, 2023
Hello everyone,

Question.
Is working remotely allowed if nominated via PNP? For ex. I will be working for a company that is based in "Province-A" but I will out of Canadá or the Province some weeks during the time I need to have experience on a company based on “Province-A”.
Is there a limitation to be physical on the time range ?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello everyone,

Question.
Is working remotely allowed if nominated via PNP? For ex. I will be working for a company that is based in "Province-A" but I will out of Canadá or the Province some weeks during the time I need to have experience on a company based on “Province-A”.
Is there a limitation to be physical on the time range ?
The sole purpose of PNP is to contribute towards their province. So if you are residing outside a province how would you contribute towards as you would be paying taxes, rent, grocery and other variables in the province you are residing and not to the one you have been nominated. In some cases have read about PRs being revoked just because of an applicant leaving the nominated province.
I am not sure but working offshore for a company is not considered remote anymore. Hence it will be counted as foreign work experience.
I would also let other volunteers to chip in.

Saenz28

Aug 15, 2023
The sole purpose of PNP is to contribute towards their province. So if you are residing outside a province how would you contribute towards as you would be paying taxes, rent, grocery and other variables in the province you are residing and not to the one you have been nominated. In some cases have read about PRs being revoked just because of an applicant leaving the nominated province.
I am not sure but working offshore for a company is not considered remote anymore. Hence it will be counted as foreign work experience.
I would also let other volunteers to chip in.
But I’m talking like visit my parents at my country or visit another place on vacations? So the PNP is forced me to stay without flexibility on the province ?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
But I’m talking like visit my parents at my country or visit another place on vacations? So the PNP is forced me to stay without flexibility on the province ?
So if you are talking about a short visit it's fine but keep in mind those days would be excluded from your experience. In other words the days you missed had to work those days extra to complete your experience. Hope this helps.

Saenz28

Aug 15, 2023
So if you are talking about a short visit it's fine but keep in mind those days would be excluded from your experience. In other words the days you missed had to work those days extra to complete your experience. Hope this helps.
Is there some place I can look this specific scenario you are mentioning? Since it make sense for me what you are saying, but I want to make sure it’s explicit that I will need to return “x days” if I’m out Canada to cover the 6-12 months depends of the province

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Is there some place I can look this specific scenario you are mentioning? Since it make sense for me what you are saying, but I want to make sure it’s explicit that I will need to return “x days” if I’m out Canada to cover the 6-12 months depends of the province
Sorry I don't have a source. This is how it goes read, heard and done this way.