+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For a round trip through Canada do I need two transit visas?

lorenalimat

Nov 23, 2017
Hi!
I have a round trip itinerary to U.S through Toronto. My first transit through Toronto is in first week of february and the return transit is in the last week of february. I am an Brazilian citizen so per the CIC guidelines, I will need to apply for transit visa.

In the form IMM5707 I am supposed to fill out the dates of arrival and departure (from [date] to [date]) but as I have a round trip I don't know how. Do I need to make two transit visas to account for the return trip? Or my application will provide me necessary visa for the round trip transit since I will provide my itinerary?

Thanks a lot in advance!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi!
I have a round trip itinerary to U.S through Toronto. My first transit through Toronto is in first week of february and the return transit is in the last week of february. I am an Brazilian citizen so per the CIC guidelines, I will need to apply for transit visa.

In the form IMM5707 I am supposed to fill out the dates of arrival and departure (from [date] to [date]) but as I have a round trip I don't know how. Do I need to make two transit visas to account for the return trip? Or my application will provide me necessary visa for the round trip transit since I will provide my itinerary?

Thanks a lot in advance!
1. If you are traveling to the US, I assume you have a US non immigrant visa, if so you don't require a TRV from Canada, you can apply for an ETA on line. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp
2. If you don't have a US non immigrant visa, then you have to apply for 2 transit visas.

Reactions: lorenalimat

lorenalimat

Nov 23, 2017
I'm so relieved. I've had read all the pre-requirements to eTA before but I had understood that only brazilians that have held a Canadian visitor visa in the past 10 years and currently hold a valid United States nonimmigrant visa could apply. Also I think I got the wrong information about that in another site, it was probably with outdated information. Anyways, thank you!