+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Follow-up with medical surveillance

chonji1226

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Hi all,

I feel like my entire PR application process was a movie..with a happy ending as my PR was finally approved last year and my family landed successfully last month. :D

But the saga continues :p

I was an inland applicant and was diagnosed with active TB during my application, long story short I had to wait for 6 months until I got clearance from the doctor. And then my application was approved. I was sent a medical surveillance form and I was advised to complete the medical surveillance even before landing. So I completed the medical surveillance, sent the completion letter to the CIC address and I was expecting to get some sort of confirmation letter that my medical surveillance case is now closed.

However, no letter came. And when we landed last March the immigration officer did not see the completion letter on my file. It has been more than a month already since I sent the medical surveillance clearance of public health to CIC.

How do I follow-up?

I tried to open a case notes with CIC but they just responded to me with "Applicants found to have a medical condition of public health significance during their immigration medical examination must report for medical surveillance upon their arrival in Canada"

But I already did...

Mehulpatel919

Dec 2, 2018
HI all,

I applied for Student visa in 2015 and did Medical Surveillance back in country and i got my visa, After landing in Canada i did another Medical Surveillance and got clearance letter.

When i applied for my PR, i presented that letter but still they said i need to go through procedure again. I did that too. But recently i got email that i have to go for MHB surveillance program and i met with a nurse in my province and she examine and said i am looking healthy but she prescribe another X-ray.

Can anyone guide me how much time it will take to complete MHB surveillance ?

Thank you in Advance

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
HI all,

I applied for Student visa in 2015 and did Medical Surveillance back in country and i got my visa, After landing in Canada i did another Medical Surveillance and got clearance letter.

When i applied for my PR, i presented that letter but still they said i need to go through procedure again. I did that too. But recently i got email that i have to go for MHB surveillance program and i met with a nurse in my province and she examine and said i am looking healthy but she prescribe another X-ray.

Thank you in Advance

Can you or anyone please tell we get this surveillance notice after approval? Getting this letter means approval? We haven’t received any email for approval but we got this surveillance notice. Do you know what it means

Mar 28, 2019
Yeah same with me. Did my medical procedure and everything and now again got the MHB serveillance email yesterday? Haven’t got any updates on my cic account though! Any inputs?

Rhowrhow

May 6, 2019
Hi everyone is there any update about your medical surveillance? May i know what are those test you undergo?

Rhowrhow

May 6, 2019
Yeah same with me. Did my medical procedure and everything and now again got the MHB serveillance email yesterday? Haven’t got any updates on my cic account though! Any inputs?

Hi did you receive mail from PHA or did the PHA call you about the instructions?

Mmyenger

Apr 23, 2019

Hello,

I am in the same situation.. I received a medical surveillance letter in my cic last Tuesday but have not got a passport request yet..
Did you receive any updates yet?

OldH1B

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Hi,
I am in the same boat.
I had a case of TB in the past which was cured completely. I was given the work permit based on the doctor's report who treated my case.
Now I am in Canada and applying for a PR. I got an email for
Medical Surveillance

Surprisingly the email went to the attorney who got my Work permit renewed after one year.

He forwarded it to me. What do I need to do? Should I visit my GP or wait for letter from IRCC?

I have not yet submitted my application - but I went for an upfront medical exam.

What action did you guys take? Did you visit your GP to get the clearance etc?

prasad003

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
HI all,

Thank you in Advance
hi mehulpatel919 can you tell me what happen in medical surveillance in canada and how much money you spend on that i have similar situation like this

aramab

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
Hi,
I am in the same boat.
I had a case of TB in the past which was cured completely. I was given the work permit based on the doctor's report who treated my case.
Now I am in Canada and applying for a PR. I got an email for
Medical Surveillance

Surprisingly the email went to the attorney who got my Work permit renewed after one year.

He forwarded it to me. What do I need to do? Should I visit my GP or wait for letter from IRCC?

I have not yet submitted my application - but I went for an upfront medical exam.

What action did you guys take? Did you visit your GP to get the clearance etc?
I am in exactly same condition
Can you please help me by explaning ehat steps you follow?
Have u r attorny received form or u approch to public health dept for forms?

Beth lee

Jan 23, 2021
Hi can someone answer this,
I was given medical surveillance notice with my study permit. I have completed my surveillance after landings. Now i am applying for my pgwp(post graduate work permit). Do i need to get my medical done again or not. Anyone gone through this?