Israel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
24-02-2013
Hi Folks,

I applied for citizenship and I'm anticipating an RQ for my wife so I thought I'll be ready by getting all the documents that take a long time to get. I got our health records, CBSA records, etc however our FOIA requests seem to be taking forever.

I put in a request for myself and one for my wife. Both request have been submitted July 6th and on the page it showed an approx date of completion around August 4th. It is end of September already and I have yet to hear back. One of the requests is in Processing stage (mine), my wife's is showing as still in assignment stage. Any thought on what should I do ?
is there anything to be done ? give them a call? or request an Appeal ? or put in an additional request?

Today i logged in to check the requests. Im sure I am sending it to the right agency (Customs and Border), I have the names , and date ranges.
I noticed I was missing dates of birth so I uploaded copies of Bio pages from passsporrt and added to the freeform text the dates of birth.

Any experience dealing with similar situation? Any thoughts on what I should do next?

Thanks

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
I got the CIT 0520 at my citizenship interview/test on July 28, ordered FOIA the same day, and it took 6 weeks. Just sent the 120 pages off to CIC in Surrey last week. I provided all of my passport and Nexus scans when I applied for the report and it still took that long.

Best of luck! I encourage you to call and write CIC frequently to update them, and send scans of your FOIA computer screen showing your work toward fulfilling their request.

SharkHacks

Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Israel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
24-02-2013
Thanks for the Info :) . As I was saying I did not get RQd yet. I'm just preparing just in case so I have everything ready by the time I get the request. My wife has been a few days short than the 1035 days when we applied and we applied at the cuttoff date so I think I'm more likely to be RQd.

Great idea though, in case I get RQd and I don't have the FOIA results I can always show that I submitted the FOIA request and still waiting on a response.

Oct 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is this the website for requesting FOIA ?

https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/request/publicPreCreate

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada4ever2015 said:
Is this the website for requesting FOIA ?

https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/request/publicPreCreate
Yes, and be sure to create an account.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SharkHacks said:
Thanks for the Info :) . As I was saying I did not get RQd yet. I'm just preparing just in case so I have everything ready by the time I get the request. My wife has been a few days short than the 1035 days when we applied and we applied at the cuttoff date so I think I'm more likely to be RQd.

Great idea though, in case I get RQd and I don't have the FOIA results I can always show that I submitted the FOIA request and still waiting on a response.
Hi, Just FYI it is not 1035 it is 1095. I hope your post was a typo.

Oct 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone please guide me through FOIA request.

I've created an account. It appears that we have to select US Customs & Border protection & select "Entry/Exit".
How much is the fees ?
What supporting documents should I attach ?
Reason ?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Canada4ever2015 said:
Can someone please guide me through FOIA request.

I've created an account. It appears that we have to select US Customs & Border protection & select "Entry/Exit".
How much is the fees ?
What supporting documents should I attach ?
Reason ?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
If I'm NOT mistaken, you need to request that from Canada border Security & NOT from the US customs. There is no fee for that service. All they need to provide is your full name, date of birth, passport number, country of birth & address. It takes about 5 - 6 weeks.

Please check the ATIP option, select the one where you need not pay even $5 fee.

Wish you all the best.

uzas

Nov 2, 2010
I am expecting that I might get a request from the CIC to provide my border crossing records. I would like to request it now, so that I would have it in time to respond. What do the CIC ask for?

What date range should the report cover?

Do they ask for records from Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), US Customs and Border Protection or other countries as well? I don't think I would need the CBSA report, because the officer already had that at my interview.

Does it need to be a hard copy issued by the agency, or is it acceptable if I receive an electronic copy and print it?

Any other important details before I request the documents?

Thanks a lot for any information!