FOIA request

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
KenCalgary2016 said:
What website can we apply for FOIA? Thank you
https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/request/publicPreCreate

Do not "Continue as Guest" else you may not receive your records. Create an account and once your records are ready, you can access you account to retrieve them.

KenCalgary2016

Star Member
Nov 25, 2016
thecoolguysam said:
https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/request/publicPreCreate

Do not "Continue as Guest" else you may not receive your records. Create an account and once your records are ready, you can access you account to retrieve them.
we are 4 in the family, per person/account. thank you.

Beginner2012

Jan 25, 2017
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017 Received on 02-02-2017
When I access my FOIA report online I see only the entry date to US on a blank format without any indication for the FOIA entity. Is there anyway I could get a hardcopy that has the identifying logo on?

KenCalgary2016

Star Member
Nov 25, 2016
Beginner2012 said:
When I access my FOIA report online I see only the entry date to US on a blank format without any indication for the FOIA entity. Is there anyway I could get a hardcopy that has the identifying logo on?
Hi,

What do you select in agency selection? How much did you pay?

KenCalgary2016

Star Member
Nov 25, 2016
Beginner2012 said:
CBP FOIA division. I paid nothing.
Hi,

For FOIA How much did you put in Processing Fees? What do you put in the description? What is Alien Number and Alias? Can you help me to get along to the online application for FOIA? Thank You.

Beginner2012

Jan 25, 2017
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017 Received on 02-02-2017
I did this time ago. However, I still remember that I put $20 for the max amount I was accepting to pay. I don't remember anything about alias number.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
In Description you should mention your name, date of birth, travel document details that you have used to enter usa.
Also mention that you need entry/exit records. Usually FOIA provides entry records.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Beginner2012 said:
Usually FOIA reports don't have any specific logo. They are usually in text format like the following:

NAME DOB DATE TIME AGN RSLT TYP REF LANE API DIM

Is that what you see on the header?

KtotheG

Jan 18, 2017
thecoolguysam said:
FOIA Usually takes few days up to few weeks. Depends upon request to request. It can take many months too. Hopefully you get it soon. Keep checking your email to get an update and once you get it, login to online website of FOIA and access the records from there.
Thanks for the info! I'm sure it won't take too long as I'm a US citizen and provided pretty good details in my request. Following the very helpful advice from others, I did make the request after creating a FOIA account. As long as it doesn't take as long as the FBI background check I'll be pleased with turnaround time.

KtotheG

Jan 18, 2017
So just an update - haven't received results yet, but some interesting things when looking at my FOIA request. For agency it says: "2014 Perfected Request". No idea what the 2014 means. Additionally, I noticed that my passport numbers were removed from my body of the request. Guess they didn't need it?

KtotheG

Jan 18, 2017
KtotheG said:
So just an update - haven't received results yet, but some interesting things when looking at my FOIA request. For agency it says: "2014 Perfected Request". No idea what the 2014 means. Additionally, I noticed that my passport numbers were removed from my body of the request. Guess they didn't need it?
Last update - Received my FOIA request (which was nicely arranged). It took a bit less than 3 weeks for me. A bit concerned that despite my careful record keeping and double-checking, I'm off by a day for two of my entries to the US and missed two weekend trips entirely. I doubt it'll result in a RQ as I have about a 500 day buffer and it's pretty clear that I did come back to Canada, especially if they look at CBSA records. A bit of a relief to have my bases covered, just in case!

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KtotheG said:
Last update - Received my FOIA request (which was nicely arranged). It took a bit less than 3 weeks for me. A bit concerned that despite my careful record keeping and double-checking, I'm off by a day for two of my entries to the US and missed two weekend trips entirely. I doubt it'll result in a RQ as I have about a 500 day buffer and it's pretty clear that I did come back to Canada, especially if they look at CBSA records. A bit of a relief to have my bases covered, just in case!
Did you records include dates prior to 2013 ?
I had requested FOIA records and after 3 weeks the FOIA request returned records only since 2013.
Previous records are missing since my landing.
So filed an appeal and awaiting response...

KtotheG

Jan 18, 2017
.Steve said:
Did you records include dates prior to 2013 ?
I had requested FOIA records and after 3 weeks the FOIA request returned records only since 2013.
Previous records are missing since my landing.
So filed an appeal and awaiting response...
That's odd - I specifically requested mine for January 1 2011 - January 1 2017 and they all came through. Good that you appealed. If you clearly stated pre-2013 then someone didn't read the request clearly enough in the first place! Good luck - I hope the turnaround time is short.