+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FOIA request

xalam

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Hello,
I received today my FOIA however there are only my entries in the USA, is it normal I would expect the inputs and outputs.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You would request your entries into Canada from the CBSA: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html

KtotheG

Jan 18, 2017
xalam said:
Hello,
I received today my FOIA however there are only my entries in the USA, is it normal I would expect the inputs and outputs.
How long did it take for you to receive your report? I just ordered mine a few days ago. I take several trips to the US every year, so while my record keeping has been good, best to have the copy on me for the citizenship interview.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
KtotheG said:
How long did it take for you to receive your report? I just ordered mine a few days ago. I take several trips to the US every year, so while my record keeping has been good, best to have the copy on me for the citizenship interview.
FOIA Usually takes few days up to few weeks. Depends upon request to request. It can take many months too. Hopefully you get it soon. Keep checking your email to get an update and once you get it, login to online website of FOIA and access the records from there.

KenCalgary2016

Star Member
Nov 25, 2016
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. how about FOIA? we need to request at the same time? We are family of four, all adults, each of us. We travel at the same time. Do we need to apply for FOIA and CBSA? Thank you in advance.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
KenCalgary2016 said:
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. how about FOIA? we need to request at the same time? We are family of four, all adults, each of us. We travel at the same time. Do we need to apply for FOIA and CBSA? Thank you in advance.
If you want to get USA travel records, apply FOIA, if you want to get Canada travel records, apply CBSA

KenCalgary2016

Star Member
Nov 25, 2016
alphazip said:
You would request your entries into Canada from the CBSA: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html
How would you prefer to receive the requested records? Is there any difference between electronic copy or paper copy in terms of time you received? Thank you.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
KenCalgary2016 said:
How would you prefer to receive the requested records? Is there any difference between electronic copy or paper copy in terms of time you received? Thank you.
For CBSA records: the report is usually sent by mail not by email and takes 30-40 calendar days to process.