+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flying tomorrow

Djdj9037

Jan 25, 2017
Hi there,
My wife and I are flying back to vancouver tomorrow from Ireland. She is planning on sponsoring me through inland visa when we arrive. We already have most of application finished.got eta approved easy enough but just worried about passport control at vancouver airport. I have been through it a few times when I was there working visa to years ago but just don't know what to say if he asks what my plans are or how long am I going to be there. I know spousal sponsorship takes 12 months inland usually so I'd have to get my 6 months renewed or does open work visa negate need for this ?
Thanks for your help
Dan.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
You are traveling to Vancouver with DUAL INTENT.......there are related post on this site.

If you plan to apply for inland spousal sponsorship with OWP.......please do when you have valid status......although sponsorship does not need a valid status, OWP will not be approved if you don't have valid status.......OWP is approved within 4 months........good idea to apply for TRV extension before expiration of your visitor visa or approval of OWP to have Implied Status

Last edited: