+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flying to Canada 2013 from Pakistan (tickets and airlines thread)

Travelling$alesman

Star Member
May 16, 2013
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Request
22-04-2013
Med's Done....
23-04-2013
Passport Req..
15-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-05-2013
Salaam Everyone.

With most people done with their medicals and waiting for Visas, I think this is a good time to discuss travel plans. Most of this info has been discussed earlier in this forum but I thought a summary point would be nice. So here we go:

Direct flights: Only option is via PIA.
From Karachi: Once weekly direct on Sunday (PK783), Once via Islamabad on Friday (PK781), Once via Lahore on Tuesday (PK789)
From Islamabad: Once weekly direct on Friday (PK781)
From Lahore: Once weekly on Tuesday (PK789)

1 stop flights
Through Middle East:
Qatar: Only flies direct to Montreal from Doha.
Emirates: Only flies direct to Toronto.
Etihad: Only flies direct to Toronto.
Turkish: Only flies direct to Toronto (from Karachi only)

Through East:
Cathy Pacific: only direct flights to Vancouver and Toronto (but from Karachi Only in Pakistan)

2 Stop flights
Through Middle East
Using Qatar, Emirates and Etihad you can fly to Montreal and then anywhere in Canada.

Through Europe
Considering there are no European carriers flying to Pakistan; you can only form connections through Qatar or UAE.
This option offers direct flights to many destinations in Canada via London, Paris, Amsterdam, Frankfort, etc.

Through East
Cathy Pacific can get you to just about any city in Canada after it takes you to Vancouver or Toronto.

Luggage Considerations:
PIA: 2 pieces each up to 28kg
Qatar: 2 pieces each up to 23kg
Emirates: 2 pieces each up to 23kg
Etihad: 2 pieces each up to 23kg
Turkish: 2 pieces each up to 23kg
European Carriers (British Airways, Virgin, Air France, KLM, etc): 1 piece of 23kg

General Rule:
If you are flying to Central of Eastern Canada: go via Middle East, Europe, or PIA direct
If you are flying to Western Canada: go via Cathay Pacific or South China Airlines or other carriers flying east.

Omissions:
I have left Gulf Air out... I hate them (I flew them in the 90s and they lost my luggage every time).
There are literally hundreds of different connections possible between two points but I have left them out because of cost and time.

Price:
PIA will get you to CA for about 115k-145k
Qatar, Emirates and Etihad will get you there for about 120k-165k
Turkish to Toronto from Karachi is about 125k
Cathy Pacific will get you there (Vancouver) for about 105k-112k

Visas for transit:
Hong Kong: lets you fly through without transit visa as long as you have a connecting flight
Europe: as long as you have a visa to Canada you can fly through there
US: No way.... AVOID!

everyone: check out www.cheapoair.com
Just remember to avoid flights through US (unless you have a visa).

T$

shahzaman1984

Aug 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
18-02-2013
Med's Request
26-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Nice summary. Good Work!

Can.ott

Feb 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gud work travelling

Yaar I want to fly from emirates, and I want to stay in abudhabi... Can you help me in this?

Travelling$alesman

Star Member
May 16, 2013
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Request
22-04-2013
Med's Done....
23-04-2013
Passport Req..
15-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-05-2013
Can.ott said:
Gud work travelling

Yaar I want to fly from emirates, and I want to stay in abudhabi... Can you help me in this?
@Can.ott that won't be easy. Emirates flies through Dubai and Etihad through Abu Dhabi. If you must stay in Abu Dhabi and must fly on Emirates; you will have to fly to Dubai and then Drive/Take a Taxi/Bus to Abu Dhabi, then come back after your stay and get on a flight from Dubai. Keep in mind that you will need a visa in UAE and a 96 hour visa is about 8000-9000 Rupees if obtained through Emirates or Etihad. Both of them are great airlines. Pick which ever one is cheaper.

T$

Telecommunist

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2013
Med's Request
12-06-2013
Med's Done....
18-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
TS Sir... Once again a brilliant work from ur end .... U are truly playing a role of elder brother for every1 on this Forum , Stay BLessed :)

Please provide some options for Khi-Montreal ... as per my research , Qatar Airline has no seats upto 1st Sep.

Today i toked with a travel agent, he suggested me to go to london with PK...I...A (sorry PIA ) and then get any flight for montreal.

wots ur suggestion ?

Travelling$alesman

Star Member
May 16, 2013
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Request
22-04-2013
Med's Done....
23-04-2013
Passport Req..
15-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-05-2013
Telecommunist said:
TS Sir... Once again a brilliant work from ur end .... U are truly playing a role of elder brother for every1 on this Forum , Stay BLessed :)

Please provide some options for Khi-Montreal ... as per my research , Qatar Airline has no seats upto 1st Sep.

Today i toked with a travel agent, he suggested me to go to london with PK...I...A (sorry PIA ) and then get any flight for montreal.

wots ur suggestion ?
Montreal... yes with Qatar only one connection a week (Tuesday only from Karachi). I just checked online and there is a seat available but its coming to almost 178k, which is a lot of money. I just checked CheapOair.com and I saw two options:
1. Gulf Air: Karachi to Bahrain to London to Montreal (about 92k)
2. Swiss: Karachi to Muscat to Geneva to Montreal (about 120k)

Check more at www.cheapoair.com

Just remember to avoid flights through US.

T$

rasel

Apr 23, 2011
Canada.
Visa Office......
VFS Singapore
App. Filed.......
20-05-2013
IELTS Request
7 (L: 7.5, R, W: 6.5, S: 7)
File Transfer...
27-05-2013
Med's Request
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-06-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2013
LANDED..........
30-08-2013
Can anyone tell me, how can I know the lowest fare from a selected flight? Suppose my category is B, how can I know that its lowest among those seats?

I mean, they have different categories between economy seats like B, H, K, L, M, N, Q, T, V, X etc. By seeing those letters, is there any tricks to understand that I get the lowest price or not?

Thanks in advance.

RKAZI

Mar 18, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Travelling$alesman said:
Salaam Everyone.

With most people done with their medicals and waiting for Visas, I think this is a good time to discuss travel plans. Most of this info has been discussed earlier in this forum but I thought a summary point would be nice. So here we go:

Direct flights: Only option is via PIA.
From Karachi: Once weekly direct on Sunday (PK783), Once via Islamabad on Friday (PK781), Once via Lahore on Tuesday (PK789)
From Islamabad: Once weekly direct on Friday (PK781)
From Lahore: Once weekly on Tuesday (PK789)

1 stop flights
Through Middle East:
Qatar: Only flies direct to Montreal from Doha.
Emirates: Only flies direct to Toronto.
Etihad: Only flies direct to Toronto.
Turkish: Only flies direct to Toronto (from Karachi only)

Through East:
Cathy Pacific: only direct flights to Vancouver and Toronto (but from Karachi Only in Pakistan)

2 Stop flights
Through Middle East
Using Qatar, Emirates and Etihad you can fly to Montreal and then anywhere in Canada.

Through Europe
Considering there are no European carriers flying to Pakistan; you can only form connections through Qatar or UAE.
This option offers direct flights to many destinations in Canada via London, Paris, Amsterdam, Frankfort, etc.

Through East
Cathy Pacific can get you to just about any city in Canada after it takes you to Vancouver or Toronto.

Luggage Considerations:
PIA: 2 pieces each up to 28kg
Qatar: 2 pieces each up to 23kg
Emirates: 2 pieces each up to 23kg
Etihad: 2 pieces each up to 23kg
Turkish: 2 pieces each up to 23kg
European Carriers (British Airways, Virgin, Air France, KLM, etc): 1 piece of 23kg

General Rule:
If you are flying to Central of Eastern Canada: go via Middle East, Europe, or PIA direct
If you are flying to Western Canada: go via Cathay Pacific or South China Airlines or other carriers flying east.

Omissions:
I have left Gulf Air out... I hate them (I flew them in the 90s and they lost my luggage every time).
There are literally hundreds of different connections possible between two points but I have left them out because of cost and time.

Price:
PIA will get you to CA for about 115k-145k
Qatar, Emirates and Etihad will get you there for about 120k-165k
Turkish to Toronto from Karachi is about 125k
Cathy Pacific will get you there (Vancouver) for about 105k-112k

Visas for transit:
Hong Kong: lets you fly through without transit visa as long as you have a connecting flight
Europe: as long as you have a visa to Canada you can fly through there
US: No way.... AVOID!

everyone: check out www.cheapoair.com
Just remember to avoid flights through US (unless you have a visa).

T$

Wow TS bhai, Hats off :) Great MASHALLAH,,,

I have booked my seat in Cathay Pacific for 3rd Sep 2013, I couldnt get any other flight which was going vancouver and in low fare,
Cathay has cost me 92k but it may got up till I buy ,,,
But atleast m happy that I got a seat ,,,

I was very upset to see that there was not so many airline which has there destination in Vancouver,

But Cathay Pacific is cool for me :)

KHI to bngkok , 1 Hours stay, same plane , bngkok to Hongkng,,
Then 4 hours stay and then Hngkng to Vancouver :)

I wanted to share just to let students have an idea about the Flights ( East route) and can think about it ,,,,

farhan88

Mar 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD and OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2016
AOR Received.
04-09-2016
IELTS Request
Provided band 9
Med's Request
Passed
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
30-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
W8ing
LANDED..........
W8ing
yaaaar sorry for the off topic post guys, but i have just received CDN $10.000 from the Schulich school of law at dalhousie university as funding. Do I need to tell CHC about this as i have already completed my medical on 18th june but have not been issued a visa yet. if yes then how should i do it????????????

Aumer

Star Member
Mar 8, 2013
LHR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 nov 2016
Med's Request
Passed 17 January
Passport Req..
Awaiting.....
VISA ISSUED...
Eligibility, criminality passed 3 feb
farhan88 said:
yaaaar sorry for the off topic post guys, but i have just received CDN $10.000 from the Schulich school of law at dalhousie university as funding. Do I need to tell CHC about this as i have already completed my medical on 18th june but have not been issued a visa yet. if yes then how should i do it????????????
Dude did you miss my previous post? I have also Got funding from another U of R.... Now considering that too, As far as this forum is concerned, best way to attend that for post secondary students is to Get to CN and get study permit as usual, then u can go to Schulich school of law without applying to CIC.

Sources:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=487&t=15
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5552ETOC.asp#restoration
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-student.asp

Can.ott

Feb 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@farhan

Yaar i think its not good to add more details to your case at this stage when you are done with medical...though 10,000 is a big amount but i think you will get visa otherwise. now if you send a package with additional docs stating your file number to CIC so they will take more time and can assume anything from that package...are you low in finance with the present case you sent to embassy?

farhan88

Mar 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD and OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2016
AOR Received.
04-09-2016
IELTS Request
Provided band 9
Med's Request
Passed
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
30-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
W8ing
LANDED..........
W8ing
Can.ott said:
@ farhan

Yaar i think its not good to add more details to your case at this stage when you are done with medical...though 10,000 is a big amount but i think you will get visa otherwise. now if you send a package with additional docs stating your file number to CIC so they will take more time and can assume anything from that package...are you low in finance with the present case you sent to embassy?
hahahhaha no dude m not low Alhamdulillah my statement was of $1025000 liquid cash...........yaaah you are right i shouldnt tell them anything about this.....

farhan88

Mar 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD and OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2016
AOR Received.
04-09-2016
IELTS Request
Provided band 9
Med's Request
Passed
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
30-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
W8ing
LANDED..........
W8ing
Aumer said:
Dude did you miss my previous post? I have also Got funding from another U of R.... Now considering that too, As far as this forum is concerned, best way to attend that for post secondary students is to Get to CN and get study permit as usual, then u can go to Schulich school of law without applying to CIC.

Sources:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=487&t=15
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5552ETOC.asp#restoration
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-student.asp
Aumer m already in Schulich and they have given me this funding, i applied visa on schulich's admission letter. schulich is an on campus law school of dalhousuie yara

farhan88

Mar 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD and OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2016
AOR Received.
04-09-2016
IELTS Request
Provided band 9
Med's Request
Passed
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
30-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
W8ing
LANDED..........
W8ing
Adil Sulehri said:
@ farhan , bhai jan $1025000), 102 wich ik sifr ziada tay nh lag gya . hehheheheh ;)
just mazaking bharaa
God Bless you.
nahi yaaaarrr abbbbay da paisa way hahahhahahhaha abbba g da ehsan way :p :p :p :p