+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flying from a country other than one mentioned as Country Of Residence on COPR

Trailblazer89

Feb 17, 2019
Hello

I am flying to Toronto from Pakistan in March 2019 on Immigrant Visa under the Express Entry program.

My COPR was issued along with my Immigrant Visa on my passport in October 2018, and stated my Country of Residence (COR) as United Arab Emirates as I was living and working there at that time. However, in January 2019, I moved back to my Country of Birth (COB) i.e. Pakistan after leaving my job in the UAE and will now be going to Toronto from Pakistan.

Can anyone please advise, if I should

a) Apply for amendment in the COPR;
b) Simply just inform IRCC of the change in my address?
c) Do nothing?

In case the answer is (a) or (b), can anyone please guide me where/how I can do that?

Any information/experiences regarding these will be much appreciated.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Don’t know much about that
But can u share your timeline with me please? I too am working in uae and citizen of Pakistan.

Also, how long it took to recieve passport after submission?

tanzeelahmed64

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
I've heard that people residing in other countries, travel from home country but i'm not sure if get their COPR modified or anything. There must be many applicants with such situations. wait until someone share their personal experience.

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
But can u share your timeline with me please? I too am working in uae and citizen of Pakistan.

As long as you are still in the UAE its ok, no need to go back and travel from Pakistan. A friend of mine got his COPr from UAE while he is actually from Sudan and he landed from UAE no problems

Trailblazer89

Feb 17, 2019

From start to finish, my process took about one year till the date I got my visa. As for the passport stamping, it took me about 2 weeks to get my passport back with the visa. Hope this helps!

Trailblazer89

Feb 17, 2019
As long as you are still in the UAE its ok, no need to go back and travel from Pakistan. A friend of mine got his COPr from UAE while he is actually from Sudan and he landed from UAE no problems
That's the thing brother. I am not in the UAE anymore but in fact in Pakistan and will be flying from here.

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
Hello

I am flying to Toronto from Pakistan in March 2019 on Immigrant Visa under the Express Entry program.

My COPR was issued along with my Immigrant Visa on my passport in October 2018, and stated my Country of Residence (COR) as United Arab Emirates as I was living and working there at that time. However, in January 2019, I moved back to my Country of Birth (COB) i.e. Pakistan after leaving my job in the UAE and will now be going to Toronto from Pakistan.

c) Do nothing?

In case the answer is (a) or (b), can anyone please guide me where/how I can do that?

Do nothing. It doesn't matter

mowaiskhalid

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Nothing to worry about there. Plenty of people do that and they will not even ask you where you are coming from. Even if they do, there is no harm in telling the truth that you moved to your country of origin after receiving COPR and traveled from there to Canada. It is completely logical.

Reactions: PrasadK

alihassaan86

Jul 18, 2019
Hello

c) Do nothing?

Hello Sir,

I want to know if you faced any issue when flying from Pakistan and landing in Canada. I have a similar issue as I received my COPR from UAE and the country of residence is also mentioned as UAE but I ll be flying to Toronto next month from Pakistan. Should I get my COPR updated?? or it doesn't matter.

Regards,

jkaur95

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Hello

I was able to enter Canada without any problems regarding this. Good luck!
Hi, I am in similar situation. I’ll move back to my country of origin and thn travel to Canada. Had you informed ircc after changing country before moving to Canada?