+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

fly for PR landing and renter by car to use AVR

inuscan

Jun 22, 2011
Hello,

I am planning to fly to toronto from Atlanta or Dallas or Houston for my PR landing. And then reenter USA by driving thru Rainbow Bridge to use Automatic Visa Revalidation (AVR).

I have one I-94 (expired in 2003) stapled in my passport during my first entry. After that I have multiple I-94s, but have not travelled outside US. When boarding the flight at any one of these above USA airports, should I be giving away the expired I-94 stapled to PP and keep the current I-94 that is valid till 2014? or keep all the I-94s to show during re-entry?

By anyone's experience, Which of the above USA airports are better at understanding the AVR situation. Just concerned whether showing the AVR printouts would be enough?

And then if I fly now, is it OK to drive later to reenter at Rainbow bridge? Is there anything like to fly both ways or drive both ways? or is it ok to fly while landing and then drive for reentry? Thanks

GetUsHome

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
We are flying to Buffalo from Shreveport and taking a hire car to Rainbow bridge. Walk across. Get landed. Get SIN cards. Spend weekend in Niagara Falls and walking back over bridge. Getting hire car back to airport and flying home. Then we pack up and leave for good and drive to BC.

Flying to Buffalo saved us $300.00 per head vs flying to Toronto.

inuscan

Jun 22, 2011
Yes, I was able to come back to US using AVR. It took about 30 mins for the IO to clear me. He thoroughly confirmed that I never had gaps (may be checked in the system as well).
About current employment, only asked my job title. But I had all the documents with me as suggested in the forums.. like paystubs, emplmt verification letter, AVR printouts.