+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flights from India to Canada

lifein50mm

Mar 8, 2018
Folks- are all flights from India to Canada being cancelled due to airspace restrictions? For people who have been impacted- what workarounds have you found?

many thanks

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Folks- are all flights from India to Canada being cancelled due to airspace restrictions? For people who have been impacted- what workarounds have you found?

many thanks
No, all flights aren't being cancelled. Some flights were, but a lot have restarted. A relative of mine flew in yesterday. New Delhi - Frankfurt - Toronto on Lufthansa.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Jet airways I believe cancelled all international flights for now due to financial issues the airline has so not airspace and believe Air Canada now fly via Vancouver to Toronto but whether that influenced by airspace no idea.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Oh, was OP talking about Jet Airways? Yeah, that airline is practically dead, but there are plenty of other carriers flying to and from India.

I thought his question was about Air Canada cancelling flights a few weeks back due to the geopolitical situation. Those flights are back on.

Air India has cancelled a couple of flights to the UK because of airspace restrictions, but I think those were only to Birmingham (Delhi - Birming. and Amritsar - Birming).

There's definitely no widespread issue with flights to India right now.

lifein50mm

Mar 8, 2018
Oh, was OP talking about Jet Airways? Yeah, that airline is practically dead, but there are plenty of other carriers flying to and from India.

I thought his question was about Air Canada cancelling flights a few weeks back due to the geopolitical situation. Those flights are back on.

Air India has cancelled a couple of flights to the UK because of airspace restrictions, but I think those were only to Birmingham (Delhi - Birming. and Amritsar - Birming).

There's definitely no widespread issue with flights to India right now.
Thanks. No it wasn't specific to Jet.