+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flight soon, please help!

Britgirl3

Nov 1, 2017
Hi all,

I have a question!

SO I have a flight+all inclusive resort booked from Nov 9th to Nov 16th for my sister's wedding.
I had to renew both my passport and permanent resident card (I'm originally from the UK and hold a valid UK passport) my passport came back in time but the card did not.

Now it's looking like I'm going to have to make the trip without it and I'm absolutely terrified. The flight is with the airline Sunwing.. I'm so worried I'm going to get denied bording or denied into the destination country.. which is Cancun Mexico.

What are your thoughts!? What issues do you think i might run into??

Any info you have for me would be greatly appreciated thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Agreed. You need either a valid PR card or a PR Travel Document to board the flight home. Unfortunately you can't apply for a PRTD until you are outside of Canada on your trip. A week long trip may give you enough time to get a PRTD - but I don't know if that's guaranteed.

Without a PR card or PRTD, on the way home, you would need to fly to the US instead and then re-enter Canada through a US/Canada land border using a private vehicle. Flying directly to Canada won't be possible.

Britgirl3

Nov 1, 2017
I know I think that will absolutely be my problem, I'll be denied bording.

Problem is the passport office is in New Mexico and I'm really far from there and only have seven days so I doubt a travel doc will be an option. I could fly back into the state's and walk over the border as my closest horde e

Your real problem and others can comment will be boarding a plane to come back as you need either a PR card or a PRTD to board a flight to Canada.. Explained here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10

Britgirl3

Nov 1, 2017
I am for sure going to consider flying into the state's as home is only 45m from Niagara falls in which case I'll fly into buffalo and try to cross there but what I didn't understand is how am I able to fly into the us but not Canada?

QUOTE="scylla, post: 6475540, member: 51365"]Agreed. You need either a valid PR card or a PR Travel Document to board the flight home. Unfortunately you can't apply for a PRTD until you are outside of Canada on your trip. A week long trip may give you enough time to get a PRTD - but I don't know if that's guaranteed.

Without a PR card or PRTD, on the way home, you would need to fly to the US instead and then re-enter Canada through a US/Canada land border using a private vehicle. Flying directly to Canada won't be possible.[/QUOTE]