+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flight ban for Indian students

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Lots of threads on this already. You have to look at what countries are allowing indirect flights. With current rules, you need to Covid test in that country so most likely you can’t transit because you can’t test in a the transit area. So you may need a visa to enter that country, test and possibly quarantine in that country. Then you can travel to Canada.

Reactions: cpanasuriya

cpanasuriya

Oct 17, 2019
Lots of threads on this already. You have to look at what countries are allowing indirect flights. With current rules, you need to Covid test in that country so most likely you can’t transit because you can’t test in a the transit area. So you may need a visa to enter that country, test and possibly quarantine in that country. Then you can travel to Canada.
I am planning for Nepal to Montreal via Doha Qatar airways
Will carry RT PCR test at Kathmandu.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You have to also test in Doha as per new rules of testing at each transit point. At many aiports, you must leave the airport’s secure area for the test so find out if you need to quarantine or require a visa. You also need to wait for the results.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would suggest calling Qatar airways. They will be aware of the entry requirements for Nepal. You will also need to quarantine in Doha and get a PCR test but Qatar is only letting residents enter. Your plan doesn’t work but would doublecheck with the airline.

cpanasuriya

Oct 17, 2019
You have to also test in Doha as per new rules of testing at each transit point. At many aiports, you must leave the airport’s secure area for the test so find out if you need to quarantine or require a visa. You also need to wait for the results.
Would suggest calling Qatar airways. They will be aware of the entry requirements for Nepal. You will also need to quarantine in Doha and get a PCR test but Qatar is only letting residents enter. Your plan doesn’t work but would doublecheck with the airline.
Still I have doubt like my 1st departure point is Nepal only. Why test is require in transiting area doha.
I have tried to call border security team but didn't get clear answer.

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
You need to have RT-PCR test done in Doha, as that is the place you're boarding the flight to Canada. The RT-PCR Test in Nepal counts for Doha Airport Officials, not for Canadian ones.

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
Indian variants are on the rise in Nepal now too. Please be mindful of other countries, their health care systems and the global community as a whole if you still decide to travel.

Reactions: Aesopzai