+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flair airline accepts Travel Document?

davidblue

May 7, 2021
Does anyone have experience travelling with Flair using refugee travel document? My partner has PR card and travel document, we plan to go to Cancun from YYZ this winter.

Flair's ticket from YYZ to Cancun is so much cheaper than other airlines,and I know TD with PR card is enough for travelling to Mexico, but I heard stories here about people holding Travel Document being denied boarding by small airlines like Sunwing, because the staff have very limited knowledge about travel document, and Flair is even smaller than Sunwing.

The flight is 6:55 am from YYZ, that's another problem, as it is so early so if the counter staff needs to call somebody to verify it might be too early.

We have booked our return flight with Westjet from Cancun to YYZ.

Thank you.

davidblue

May 7, 2021
Thank you Binabade, I could not find an email address on their website, so I chatted with their cs, the agent seems to be located in South Asia, he is polite but no useful information is provided, he insists a passport is required, in the end, he suggested me " Try" to use the travel document with two other pieces of ids in the airport.

I guess I'd better save the trouble instead of the money for a vacation going to a foreign country.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Binabade, I could not find an email address on their website, so I chatted with their cs, the agent seems to be located in South Asia, he is polite but no useful information is provided, he insists a passport is required, in the end, he suggested me " Try" to use the travel document with two other pieces of ids in the airport.

I guess I'd better save the trouble instead of the money for a vacation going to a foreign country.
Before you book the tickets, can't you go to the airport and ask one of their staff? What does Westjet and Sunwing says?

davidblue

May 7, 2021
Before you book the tickets, can't you go to the airport and ask one of their staff? What does Westjet and Sunwing says?
Big airlines like aircanada and westjet they have enough experience with Travel document and it is never a problem. The reason I am worried is that I read a couple of incidents with Sunwing here, some refugees holding travel document had problem boarding the plane, as their staff have no knowledge about the travel document. I am afraid Flair is even smaller so the situation could be the same or worse.

My home is quite far from the yyz airport and so I'd rather save the trouble of going there to ask, because as long as they don't provide me with something in writing, the problem is still likely to arise when boarding.

I'm going to try last time to contact them and hope they can reply me with an email. But most likely we will go to buy the outbound ticket from Westjet too (We already got the inbound ticket CUN-YYZ from westjet).

rachelm2000r

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Does anyone have experience travelling with Flair using refugee travel document? My partner has PR card and travel document, we plan to go to Cancun from YYZ this winter.

Flair's ticket from YYZ to Cancun is so much cheaper than other airlines,and I know TD with PR card is enough for travelling to Mexico, but I heard stories here about people holding Travel Document being denied boarding by small airlines like Sunwing, because the staff have very limited knowledge about travel document, and Flair is even smaller than Sunwing.

The flight is 6:55 am from YYZ, that's another problem, as it is so early so if the counter staff needs to call somebody to verify it might be too early.

We have booked our return flight with Westjet from Cancun to YYZ.

Thank you.
Hi

I took a flight with "Flaire" 3 weeks ago. Going to cancun. (RTD without PR).

I just had a visa from schengen_multiple entree.
All went Well. Some random questions but no drama.

davidblue

May 7, 2021
Hi

Thank you very much for the information. That's exactly what I need!

davidblue

May 7, 2021
Hi

My partner holds a Canadian PR card so no visa is required.

So when the airport Flair counter/gate staff was checking the ID, they had no problem with "Travel Document" at all? Just like a normal passport? Our flight would be 6:50 so if they need to call somewhere to ask about travel document it might be a problem as it is too early.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
Hi

Thanks for your feedback. That's really helpful.
From which country you obtained schengen visa on RTD without PR ?

Thanks again