February 22, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
September 18, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 27, 2013
LANDED..........
October 8, 2013 (Flagpoled at Coutts,AB)
Hello everyone,

I've done quite a bit of searching on the topic and mostly came across topics from the Bristish Expat's forums and a bit here, but did anyone flagpole in Alberta at Carway or Coutts once they've received their COPR and visa from an outland application? We are not from a visa exempt country. I am a Canadian citizen however.

My wife is currently under implied status, so we'll be bringing the following items
- passport with counterfoil
- both copies of the COPR
- B4 form (i've talked to CBSA, they said that they prefer even if a person is in Canada already, to still declare what they brought)
- printout of confirmation that online application was received for change of conditions of stay in Canada as a visitor (proof of implied status)

Will there be any issues if I drive up to the border with my wife as well, or should I park somewhere?

Thank you

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
You don't need a copy of B4 if her stuff is already in Canada. B4 is only for goods that are currently on you, or will be following later.

Also I don't think you need proof of implied status. All they'll care about is the passport with COPR/visa counterfoil. But of course it doesn't hurt to bring it if you want to!

Not sure of specifics for Alberta border crossing... but in general you'll need to first drive to the USA side, and tell the US officer that you just want to go back to Canada side to do flagpole PR landing. Since your wife is not visa exempt to US, she will get something like an "administrative denied entry to US" paper (don't worry, it doesn't affect any future travel to US), and then you'll turn around and drive back to Canada side. You'll most likely need to then park and go into the Canada side border office, where your wife will do the landing. You can be with your wife the entire time.

x-ing

Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest, Romania
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 4, 2013
AOR Received.
March 12, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013
Med's Done....
February 22, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
September 18, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
September 27, 2013
LANDED..........
October 8, 2013 (Flagpoled at Coutts,AB)
Rob_TO said:
You don't need a copy of B4 if her stuff is already in Canada. B4 is only for goods that are currently on you, or will be following later.

Also I don't think you need proof of implied status. All they'll care about is the passport with COPR/visa counterfoil. But of course it doesn't hurt to bring it if you want to!

Not sure of specifics for Alberta border crossing... but in general you'll need to first drive to the USA side, and tell the US officer that you just want to go back to Canada side to do flagpole PR landing. Since your wife is not visa exempt to US, she will get something like an "administrative denied entry to US" paper (don't worry, it doesn't affect any future travel to US), and then you'll turn around and drive back to Canada side. You'll most likely need to then park and go into the Canada side border office, where your wife will do the landing. You can be with your wife the entire time.
Thank you Rob!