Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
March 2
VISA ISSUED...
March 6
LANDED..........
March 10
Please I need advise on flagpoling at the North Portal or Estevan border in Southern Saskatchewan.

My PR application is nearing completion. Passport sent, just waiting for my COPR. I'm planning a trip down there for landing. My work permit is valid till 2019.

I'm bit nervous. If anyone has any good experiences I'd love to hear them

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Biggeee said:
Please I need advise on flagpoling at the North Portal or Estevan border in Southern Saskatchewan.

My PR application is nearing completion. Passport sent, just waiting for my COPR. I'm planning a trip down there for landing. My work permit is valid till 2019.

I'm bit nervous. If anyone has any good experiences I'd love to hear them

I flagpoled at North Portal last year. Drove 2 hours away from Regina to Estevan and 30 mins drive to North Portal from Estevan. After that I drove to the US border, parked my car at the building and walked inside where the border officers was. They asked me what I was here for so I told them I wanted to flagpole and not go into the states. So they gave me a administrative refusal letter and told me how to go out and back into Canada. So I drove back into the Canadian border right upto the fence where the border officer asked me various questions like where did you come from and why are you here and did you bring anything with you etc.

After that he told me to park and go into building. Inside there are two sections, one for border control and other for immigration so you'll have to let them know what you're here for.

After that the immigration officer asked me questions like did you commit any offences and where did you work stuff like that. I didn't need to show any paystubs or bank statements and they just signed my COPR and took back all the study permit and work permit I had.

After that, they congratulated me saying you are now a PR of Canada. All that took me 30 mins to get everything done.

Biggeee

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2016
AOR Received.
Dec. 1, 2016
Med's Request
passed Jan. 22 2017
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
March 2
VISA ISSUED...
March 6
LANDED..........
March 10
Thanks for your response!
Did you have to stamp your passport when you were crossing the border to the US?

Wonderland_1010 said:
I flagpoled at North Portal last year. Drove 2 hours away from Regina to Estevan and 30 mins drive to North Portal from Estevan. After that I drove to the US border, parked my car at the building and walked inside where the border officers was. They asked me what I was here for so I told them I wanted to flagpole and not go into the states. So they gave me a administrative refusal letter and told me how to go out and back into Canada. So I drove back into the Canadian border right upto the fence where the border officer asked me various questions like where did you come from and why are you here and did you bring anything with you etc.

After that he told me to park and go into building. Inside there are two sections, one for border control and other for immigration so you'll have to let them know what you're here for.

After that the immigration officer asked me questions like did you commit any offences and where did you work stuff like that. I didn't need to show any paystubs or bank statements and they just signed my COPR and took back all the study permit and work permit I had.

After that, they congratulated me saying you are now a PR of Canada. All that took me 30 mins to get everything done.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Biggeee said:
Thanks for your response!
Did you have to stamp your passport when you were crossing the border to the US?
no, the us doesn't stamp your passport when flagpoling. technically, when you "flagpole" you don't actually enter the US. you are given an administrative refusal letter at the border and are turned around to go back to Canada. the administrative refusal does not affect future entries into the US.

ssiddharthsuresh

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2017
I will be flagpoling tomorrow at the north portal. I am offering a ride-share if anyone needs it. I will be starting from Saskatoon.

PinkPinkGirl

Apr 27, 2017
Wonderland_1010 said:

Sorry Can I ask about your nationality? Are you from visa exempt country?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Flagpoled at North Portal last month. I went to the US side, greeted with the US border officer. Asked me to go into the building and waited for around 15 mins, then issued to me administrative refusal paper and asked me to follow his truck to the gate and back towards Canada.

Then the Canadian officer came and asked me to park and enter the building. Checked my passport and work permit. Waited 10 mins for the papers while the officer gave me some readings about PR rights and obligations. She then explains the CoPR signed and stamped my passport, congratulated me, then send me on my way

Jul 24, 2017
Hello Sir/ Madam,

I Was graduated in May 2017, and I am eligible for 3 Year post graduate work permit. I have applied my work permit on June 28, 2017. The current processing time is 64 Days for PGWP. Now I have my parents medical emergency to leave for couple of week to my home country. But, By that time, I would not receive my PGWP, and I cannot retuen to canada.

Sir, am I eligible to do flag poling now, After aplying online? Would i be given a chance to explain my change of circumstances and issue me the work permit by CBSA? If I am eligible, what would be the process, and required documents to carry with me for my process to CBSA.

And In 2015, January I was refused entry into USA, from india, As my college start date was already passed. I was sent back to india from the port of entry at San Diago, California. I was banned entry into USA for 5 years.

Will it effect my flagpoling process at Border with US immigration? Will they allow me to do flagpoling and proceed towards canadian border?

Please respond as soon as possible, and thank you.

I aplreciate your time in answering my question.

Will look forward for your reply.

manuuu

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
Quick question:
I am in Regina SK and received my copr.
need to do flagpole for PR, now the situation is the person who is driving me to north portal SK border doesn't have visa, so is that possible for me to walk to us border and come back walking or i have to go with car

thanks

Jhenall

Jan 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quick question:
need to do flagpole for PR, now the situation is the person who is driving me to north portal SK border doesn't have visa, so is that possible for me to walk to us border and come back walking or i have to go with car

thanks
Have you done it already? I also want to flagpole and I am looking for a ride

hasan629

Jul 2, 2013
Quick question:

thanks
Hi
Can you please tell that how was your experience and is it possible to cross the border by walk. and if walk do i need to go directly to building of US side and then come back to Canada border??
I am in the same situation can you please share your experience??