+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpoled, got PGWP

mosor

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Yes, I realize that now after reading the usual expiry date on the CIC. Usually is supposed to be 90 days after program length according to CIC, and my passport expires in 2024 so it's not like it's tied to my passports expiration date.
If it's still within 90 days, you can try applying online. Apply for the study permit extension, restoration, and the PGWP at the same time. Make sure you pay the $255 PGWP fee, the $200 restoration fee and the $150 for the study permit extension. Don't forget the study permit extension as you need a valid permit to get a PGWP, the restoration isn't enough. It's no guarantee though.

kmi85

Jul 11, 2017
If it's still within 90 days, you can try applying online. Apply for the study permit extension, restoration, and the PGWP at the same time. Make sure you pay the $255 PGWP fee, the $200 restoration fee and the $150 for the study permit extension. Don't forget the study permit extension as you need a valid permit to get a PGWP, the restoration isn't enough. It's no guarantee though.
Thanks. Yeah my main concern is exactly that; applying for a student extension when I have already graduated. I do have an older letter of enrollment saved up in my pc that states my enrollment until April 2018 if I'm not mistaken but then again, I graduated so pretty sure when CIC or the CPC checks with the university they are gonna know I graduted which is lying and committing an offence - obviously something I do not want to do. Plus those enrollment letter are generic - as long as you are a current student even if you are graduating soon it will say you are enrolled until the next school year.

mosor

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Thanks. Yeah my main concern is exactly that; applying for a student extension when I have already graduated. I do have an older letter of enrollment saved up in my pc that states my enrollment until April 2018 if I'm not mistaken but then again, I graduated so pretty sure when CIC or the CPC checks with the university they are gonna know I graduted which is lying and committing an offence - obviously something I do not want to do. Plus those enrollment letter are generic - as long as you are a current student even if you are graduating soon it will say you are enrolled until the next school year.
I would just tell the truth. Say you weren't given the extra 90 days after graduation on your study permit to apply for a PGWP and didn't notice in time. By applying for restoration, a study permit extension and a PGWP, it's pretty clear that all you're looking to do is get the PGWP. Just make sure all your fees are paid. The only downside is you're out a lot of money if they refuse.

Reactions: kmi85

Invikto95

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi guys,
Will online pgwp application get affected if they deny you pgwp at border. Any suggestions would be helpful.

mosor

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Hi guys,
Will online pgwp application get affected if they deny you pgwp at border. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Depends on why you were rejected. They generally apply the same standards, so if you get rejected by one you should be rejected by the other. However you may have had a knowledgable officer and rejected in error.

Reactions: Invikto95

Invikto95

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
She was an ignorant officer . She said my gf required co op work permit for the field practicum she did as a part of her course. It states clearly in CIC website that field practicums do not require work permit.

Invikto95

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Depends on why you were rejected. They generally apply the same standards, so if you get rejected by one you should be rejected by the other. However you may have had a knowledgable officer and rejected in error.
Officer ended up thinking that my gf worked more than 20 hrs a week. Sigh

Invikto95

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Officer also stated that CIC would be able to investigate the issue in a better way. It wasn't denied denied. Officer recommended that we apply online which we already had. She also was like "I CANNOT ISSUE YOUR WORK PERMIT TODAY".

mosor

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Officer also stated that CIC would be able to investigate the issue in a better way. It wasn't denied denied. Officer recommended that we apply online which we already had. She also was like "I CANNOT ISSUE YOUR WORK PERMIT TODAY".
What program was the field practicum for? Was it less than 4 months?

Invikto95

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
She is super stressed out for last couple months and I have no clue on what We're supposed to do if it gets rejected for this reason. I checked her T4 slips and that's ok as well. we also have a letter from her program coordinator stating that she was not an employee and that she was learning prffessional . Letter also states that it was unpaid. Plus its mentined in cic website too and all her collegues got her work permit.

Invikto95

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Social service worker gerontology. I think she had that course in 3 sems worth 9 credits in each. If you consider sem wise , Yea it would be less than 4 months. I rather think that way and be positive. hm

mosor

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
What do you think @mosor might happen? Her study permit expires on 31st and she applied on May 19th
Probably just get it approved. The border officer didn't give you a formal refusal which means putting notes in the system. The CIC officer will just see a fresh application.

From what you are telling me the border officer was just ill informed, wasn't sure when you presented counter arguments and just told you to pass the buck to CIC.

As long as you already applied within the 90 days you don't have to worry if the deadline passes.

Invikto95

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Probably just get it approved. The border officer didn't give you a formal refusal which means putting notes in the system. The CIC officer will just see a fresh application.

From what you are telling me the border officer was just ill informed, wasn't sure when you presented counter arguments and just told you to pass the buck to CIC.

As long as you already applied within the 90 days you don't have to worry if the deadline passes.
Yea, officer said she was going to add some notes and my gf was so frustrated that she assumed the notes would get to CIC officer whereas It was just for their refrence so that if we go back without proper proofs they would catch it right away.. Thanks a lot for your input.