-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23-06-2017
Hey all,

I just want to know a few things hopefully if you are experienced you can shed some light on this.

Can my spouse come to Niagara and flagpole (apply for SOWP) at the border? I will be there to meet her and we both come across and do the flag-polling.

She has a US visa but no Canadian Visa.

I have a PGWP (got it last month), Job offer (started in May) [NOC - A - 2174], and Pay slips required .

I flag-polled my PGWP at Niagara.

Nicotugz

Jun 26, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
21-03-2017
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23-06-2017
Cannot be done I guess you need a TRV which will be issued at the country conducting the immigration

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
She needs a Canadian visa or permit to flagpole.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
My husband applied tonight for his SOWP at the Peace Arch Border and was issued 3 years Open Work Permit.. same validity as my PGWP! :D :D :D SOO HAPPY!!!

FYI: he still has a valid TRV and OWP (this is required) to do flagpoling.

anu2788

May 20, 2015
Hello,

It would be great if you can share your experience of flag polling for SOWP visa.

Thanks

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
If you live close to any border.. just bring all the documents:

Application form
Passport and OWP
Spouse PGWP copy
Spouse Job Offer
Spouse payslip (in my case we tried without the payslip and it worked)
Bank statement (not sure if this is really needed)
Money for the application fee (cash, visa,debit)

Flagpoling is like making a u-turn to get to the Canadian border to apply for your permit. They issue the permit right away just like at the POE as long as the officer is satisfied with your documents.

karthikgdv@gmail.com

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016

Application form
Passport and OWP
Spouse PGWP copy
Spouse Job Offer

Flagpoling is like making a u-turn to get to the Canadian border to apply for your permit. They issue the permit right away just like at the POE as long as the officer is satisfied with your documents.

How to submit medicals if I am doing flag pole

savik

Jan 29, 2018

Application form
Passport and OWP
Spouse PGWP copy
Spouse Job Offer

Hi
We recently moved to Canada a month ago. My husband is studying here with a study permit ending on march 2020. I'm here on multiple entry visitor visa. I would like to apply for SOWP. Can I do this at the border?
I understand that in your case your husband already had a OWP before you flagpoled. What documents would I need to carry apart from my husbands study permit, my SOWP application form, Passport with visitor visa, marriage certificate, bank statement and fee. I don't have a job offer yet. And neither is my husband working yet (Part-time). Would it sill be possible for me to get my SOWP at the border?
[P.S: Both of us have valid US visitor visa. We are thinking of doing it at Peace arch or Point Roberts]
I would really appreciate any suggestions or advice.
Thank you

creativerbl

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
Hi
We recently moved to Canada a month ago. My husband is studying here with a study permit ending on march 2020. I'm here on multiple entry visitor visa. I would like to apply for SOWP. Can I do this at the border?
I understand that in your case your husband already had a OWP before you flagpoled. What documents would I need to carry apart from my husbands study permit, my SOWP application form, Passport with visitor visa, marriage certificate, bank statement and fee. I don't have a job offer yet. And neither is my husband working yet (Part-time). Would it sill be possible for me to get my SOWP at the border?
[P.S: Both of us have valid US visitor visa. We are thinking of doing it at Peace arch or Point Roberts]
Thank you
Were you able to do this successfully?

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Happy for those who got the document quickly. It goes to prove that CIC taking 3 months+ to process inland is all pure BS as it can be done on the spot at the border.

Tigre200820

Dec 26, 2019
Hi
Thank you
HI, what was your experience doing it?