+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpole question - Entering The States...

Aradia

Mar 25, 2010
I was reading a topic a while ago and I can't find it anymore...
I hope someone could help me with this. If I understood it right, when you do your flagpole, US will give you a "denied entry" for the purposes of processing the residency in Canada. Is that correct?
If so... I'd love to visit the US later on... I'm from one of the countries with the Visa Waiver Program, so I don't need visa for 90 days, BUT I still need to fill out forms (ESTA, etc.) just before entry. All of them has the question: "Have you ever had a Denied Entry?" Because of the flagpole, the answer is yes... In this case as far as I know I need a visa then, and on that application there is the same question...
Has somebody tried to enter from the VWP countries (had to fill out ESTA or any other paper) after flagpole? What was your experience?
Does it worth to stay a few hours in the US just to have a proper entry and then leave?

Thank you so much for your help!!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Aradia said:
I was reading a topic a while ago and I can't find it anymore...
I hope someone could help me with this. If I understood it right, when you do your flagpole, US will give you a "denied entry" for the purposes of processing the residency in Canada. Is that correct?
If so... I'd love to visit the US later on... I'm from one of the countries with the Visa Waiver Program, so I don't need visa for 90 days, BUT I still need to fill out forms (ESTA, etc.) just before entry. All of them has the question: "Have you ever had a Denied Entry?" Because of the flagpole, the answer is yes... In this case as far as I know I need a visa then, and on that application there is the same question...
Has somebody tried to enter from the VWP countries (had to fill out ESTA or any other paper) after flagpole? What was your experience?
Does it worth to stay a few hours in the US just to have a proper entry and then leave?

Thank you so much for your help!!!
You get a rejection letter on a flagpole not a denied entry, it doesn' t effect future admissions.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I flag-poled initially, to get my work visa.

I was granted PR 20th May 2010, went over to Seattle to shop on 1st June 2010. Did not have any problem at the US Border, they gave me a 90 day visa (I am from the UK).

You will be fine, flag poling does not effect your status in the USA.