+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpole for PWGP 2022

Clive Standen

Jun 2, 2022
Hi everyone! I am an international student, who graduated, if I apply online for the PWGP, the processing time is 144 days. Can I go through the flagpole and get the PWGP? Has anyone passed the flash drive recently?

You can unite and go together, write in a personal

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi everyone! I am an international student, who graduated, if I apply online for the PWGP, the processing time is 144 days. Can I go through the flagpole and get the PWGP? Has anyone passed the flash drive recently?

You can unite and go together, write in a personal
you can flagpole provided your TRV is valid and allow you to come back to Canada

Clive Standen

Jun 2, 2022
I want to write about my experience of passing the flagpole: I arrived at the Peace Bridge at 8:20 and crossed the bridge as a pedestrian. Arriving at the US border, I reported to the border officer that my goal was the flagpole. He only had one question, why am I doing this, I said that I want to change my status in Canada. I gave him my passport, he took a picture of my face and after a while gave me a flagpole. At 9:20 I gave my passport to the Canadian border officers and also told them that I needed the PGWP. At 9:30 I was in the main waiting room. There were a lot of people there and the officer called me only at 10:50. I gave him my documents from my college, made the payment and at 11:20 my PWGP was ready!!!
Working hours of employees from 8 am Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. A map of how to cross the border is a must-see on their website.
I also want to say that everyone was very polite and friendly!

00iris00

Dec 20, 2020
I want to write about my experience of passing the flagpole: I arrived at the Peace Bridge at 8:20 and crossed the bridge as a pedestrian. Arriving at the US border, I reported to the border officer that my goal was the flagpole. He only had one question, why am I doing this, I said that I want to change my status in Canada. I gave him my passport, he took a picture of my face and after a while gave me a flagpole. At 9:20 I gave my passport to the Canadian border officers and also told them that I needed the PGWP. At 9:30 I was in the main waiting room. There were a lot of people there and the officer called me only at 10:50. I gave him my documents from my college, made the payment and at 11:20 my PWGP was ready!!!
Working hours of employees from 8 am Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. A map of how to cross the border is a must-see on their website.
Thanks you for your info! You ewnt to Peace Bridge close to Buffalo? I wonder if anyone know the best place to go near Montreal

Blessen Sam

Dec 14, 2018
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
ITA 10-10-2023
AOR Received.
16-10-2023
Which day did you go for flagpoling (I mean Tues, Wed or Thurs)?

Nimanzg

Oct 1, 2020
you can flagpole provided your TRV is valid and allow you to come back to Canada
does that mean we cannot flag pole with our non expired implied status document? because my study permit has expired and I only have the implied status document I received from IRCC after I applied for my PGWP. Please Please Help!!! Thank you!

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
does that mean we cannot flag pole with our non expired implied status document? because my study permit has expired and I only have the implied status document I received from IRCC after I applied for my PGWP. Please Please Help!!! Thank you!
It is risky to flagpole when your TRV and Study Permit are expired. Because you are in the maintained/implied status after applying for PGWP.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes you can flagpole but whether you’ll be able to is a different story. Each border has their own rules that seem to vary week to week.

thevedicdev

Oct 31, 2022
I just have one small question. Did you also apply online before you went for flag polling for your PGWP?

Nimanzg

Oct 1, 2020
Yes you can flagpole but whether you’ll be able to is a different story. Each border has their own rules that seem to vary week to week.
How can we know the rules? I'm from Ontario, and going to flag pole through Niagara boarder would be risky? Please let me know. Thank you so much!!

thevedicdev

Oct 31, 2022
How can we know the rules? I'm from Ontario, and going to flag pole through Niagara boarder would be risky? Please let me know. Thank you so much!!
I just did that yesterday at Peace Bridge Niagara Falls. And it is super easy. The only problem you will face is crossing the bridge, as the bridge is too long (1.79 KM).

It is just a piece of cake if you have someone who drives and crosses the bridge.

Nimanzg

Oct 1, 2020
I just did that yesterday at Peace Bridge Niagara Falls. And it is super easy. The only problem you will face is crossing the bridge, as the bridge is too long (1.79 KM).

It is just a piece of cake if you have someone who drives and crosses the bridge.
So I can flagpole even with the PGWP Implied status in the Niagara border?? Please let me know. Also is it okay If can connect with you for more information? Only if that is not an issue for you? My Implied status expires too this November 6th, I'm just trying everything I can, to do before this. I would appreciate your help very much.

Last edited:

thevedicdev

Oct 31, 2022
So I can flagpole even with the PGWP Implied status in the Niagara border?? Please let me know. Also is it okay If can connect with you for more information? Only if that is not an issue for you? My Implied status expires too this November 6th, I'm just trying everything I can, to do before this. I would appreciate your help very much.
Yes, you can. It doest not matter whether you have applied online or not, you still can go to them and tell them that I am here to change my status.

Also, you don't need to have an original copy of your college documents (like a transcript, degree, and completion letter). You can take a colored copy of them as well.