+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flag Poling for Landing

danishali

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Hi.

I was wondering if someone who recently did flag poling at the Niagara border to complete the landing process for PR could share their experience. I came across some posts but they are all a bit old so a fresh update will be much appreciated.

Also, I dont have a US visa. Is that go be a problem for flag poling. Which documents will I be asked for.

Thanks

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
you can do the landing at Peace bridge Ontario....no US visa needed....you can take a U turn to Canada...

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-landing-experience-at-peace-bridge-fort-erie-t152323.0.html

Inthemidst

Nov 6, 2013
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
I want everyone to be aware of the documents they should have while flag poling for (renewing, restoring or new ) work permit

*Ensure you are not on implied status - If you are on implied status the moment you exit canada , you are loosing your status . Even if you are just taking a U turn at the border still u loose your implied status

* Ensure you have ALL the documents - When i say "ALL " i mean it . Every possible doc on earth, take it with you.

* In case , you are on implied status and you are in a situation that you badly need the permit to be done asap , before exiting canada ensure you walk to the Canadian office at the border 1st ( yes you can deviate from the drive way without exiting canada , many seems be unaware about that). EXPLAIN everything (SPECIALLY ABOUT YOUR STATUS IF ITS IMPLIED) .*** THIS SHOULD BE DONE EVEN IF THE OFFICER IS NOT INTERESTED/BUSY*******
They might ask you just to walk over and take a u turn , then u can meet an officer. Still i would suggest you speak about your situation then only exit canada if that is required . Also if possible get them to check the documents you have is enough to get your permit done

If you are not careful about the above things , the moment you flag pole you are out of your status . And later when the officer checks your documents and if he/ she finds something is missing, you will be denied the permit, your travel docs will be confiscated as you are out of status..

Documents you need - I am not sure about this , coz whatever you have , there are chances that they ask for more ( rules keeping changing every next moment. So better meet an officer and get him/ her check your docs 1st before you exit .

SAFE SIDE - You have a valid TRV with ***multiple entry*** , then you dont hvae to be so alert as you wont be oosing any status and they will let you in even if any docs are missing

FYI - CIC customer service will never say the flag polling option .They keep chanting "apply on line or via paper and wait until the processing time as mentioned in their website

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
Inthemidst said:
I want everyone to be aware of the documents they should have while flag poling for (renewing, restoring or new ) work permit

*Ensure you are not on implied status - If you are on implied status the moment you exit canada , you are loosing your status . Even if you are just taking a U turn at the border still u loose your implied status

* Ensure you have ALL the documents - When i say "ALL " i mean it . Every possible doc on earth, take it with you.

* In case , you are on implied status and you are in a situation that you badly need the permit to be done asap , before exiting canada ensure you walk to the Canadian office at the border 1st ( yes you can deviate from the drive way without exiting canada , many seems be unaware about that). EXPLAIN everything (SPECIALLY ABOUT YOUR STATUS IF ITS IMPLIED) .*** THIS SHOULD BE DONE EVEN IF THE OFFICER IS NOT INTERESTED/BUSY*******
They might ask you just to walk over and take a u turn , then u can meet an officer. Still i would suggest you speak about your situation then only exit canada if that is required . Also if possible get them to check the documents you have is enough to get your permit done

If you are not careful about the above things , the moment you flag pole you are out of your status . And later when the officer checks your documents and if he/ she finds something is missing, you will be denied the permit, your travel docs will be confiscated as you are out of status..

Documents you need - I am not sure about this , coz whatever you have , there are chances that they ask for more ( rules keeping changing every next moment. So better meet an officer and get him/ her check your docs 1st before you exit .

SAFE SIDE - You have a valid TRV with ***multiple entry*** , then you dont hvae to be so alert as you wont be oosing any status and they will let you in even if any docs are missing

FYI - CIC customer service will never say the flag polling option .They keep chanting "apply on line or via paper and wait until the processing time as mentioned in their website

In my COPR, it is clearly mentioned that if you can not book an appntmnt at cic office for any reason (In my case, they werent picking up phone), you can go to any border where immigration office at border will do the landing for you (ie flag poling). So looks like CIC is acknowledging flag poling.