+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flag poling after PGWP online submission

akattijnr

Aug 26, 2018
TIA. A friend of mine submitted his PGWP online 4 months ago, he got a job, and the employer is demanding to see his work permit (NB: employer not willing to accept IRCC’s letter that allows one to work after submission).

The only opportunity is to now go to the border.

1) Will it be refused because he has already applied online?

2) I know the border is opened 24/7 but is there a specific time he needs to be there for them to process the application?

3) Any additional advise is highly appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
TIA. A friend of mine submitted his PGWP online 4 months ago, he got a job, and the employer is demanding to see his work permit (NB: employer not willing to accept IRCC’s letter that allows one to work after submission).

The only opportunity is to now go to the border.

1) Will it be refused because he has already applied online?

2) I know the border is opened 24/7 but is there a specific time he needs to be there for them to process the application?

3) Any additional advise is highly appreciated.
Yes he can flagpole. He will need to withdraw his online application once he gets PGWP through flagpoling. He should go to the border in non-peak time. If he can avoid weekends that is better But not possible for many Not going during commuting times during weekdays is also best. If you go on weekends would go earlier in the morning.

Aug 19, 2022
Yes he can flagpole. He will need to withdraw his online application once he gets PGWP through flagpoling. He should go to the border in non-peak time. If he can avoid weekends that is better But not possible for many Not going during commuting times during weekdays is also best. If you go on weekends would go earlier in the morning.
Thanks for this info! Could you explain what you mean by commuting times? I’m planning to go on a Friday to either rainbow or peace bridge.

also, any idea whether you could be refused your PGWP at the border? And would that go on your record?

JohnSmith123

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
Hold on, wait a sec, are you sure? Isn't 90 days of student implied status after graduation in count here? I know there is a 180 days stuff for PGWP but the study permit's 90 days implied status is solid right?