+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flag poking prior to PR approval

SvnRvn

Dec 15, 2019
Hi all,
I have recently applied for my pr and awaiting a decision from immigrations office , a friend of mine has asked me if I could accompany him to the nearest Immigration office at the border for him to do a flag pole.
Flag poling would imply that I have crossed the border and would this in anyway affect me as I have read/heard that once you file for PR you should only go to your country of citizenship(which in my case is not the USA). Apologies in advance if the question seems irrational and if I’m misinformed, rather be safe than sorry!

talk2allan

Dec 13, 2018
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
mississauga
NOC Code......
Hi all,
I have recently applied for my pr and awaiting a decision from immigrations office , a friend of mine has asked me if I could accompany him to the nearest Immigration office at the border for him to do a flag pole.
Flag poling would imply that I have crossed the border and would this in anyway affect me as I have read/heard that once you file for PR you should only go to your country of citizenship(which in my case is not the USA). Apologies in advance if the question seems irrational and if I’m misinformed, rather be safe than sorry!
Hi , If he is an inland applicant, now a days you can do landing by taking appointment in immigration office located in Canada. You don't need to cross the border and all.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,
There is nothing restricting you from going anywhere while a PR app is in process. Whether you have applied for PR is irrelevant. What matters is your current status in Canada.