+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fixed Deposit as Proof of Funds

rspamp

Sep 2, 2018
Hi everyone! My husband (Who will be accompanying me) has transferred some money monthly to my accout - since we do not share a joint account - for more than 6 months while we were getting prepared to apply for immigration. Do you think it’s enough to send the bank letter, bank statements from the last 6 months and a LOE signed by him explainig that the deposits have the purpose of contributing to support our settlement in Canada?

SSheena Bansal

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hi guys, I have a similar concern. I do have an FD, which was created 4 months ago.
6 months ago, I had total balance as 650000 in my account (as per the requirement at that time- 2018).
Now it is total- 700000, including the FD. I am showing both and total amount as 7lac.
Will I need any exceptional document other than a simple bank certificate and bank account statement?

Paridhishah96

Apr 5, 2018
I sent in my FD receipts, bank statement and a letter from the bank stating I have an 'x' amount in my bank account, and that I have held an account in the bank since a certain number of years. Also got a line added in there to say I have full access to the money, anytime.
I am landing on June 14th in Toronto, Could you please share your landing experience with a FD as a Proof of Funds. Did you face any issues as i have heard they generally want a proof of fund that can be liquidated easily.

Thanks a lot

vgaakash

May 2, 2019
Hi,

I am in a bit of a situation and any advice would be highly appreciated. I got my ITA and my deadline is Aug 22, 2018. I am showing FD of 700,000 inr which was created jan 25, 2018. The FD would be 6 months old July 25, 2018. The concern here is that my dad gave me the money which he took a personal loan of, which I don't have to pay him back. Since the FD would be more then 6 months old if I submit after July 25th. Do I need to get a gift deed from my father? I am concerned since it was from a personal loan and not from his savings the profile would be rejected.

What can I do here, and advise would be greatly helpful

Thank you.
I am in the same situation now, can you please explain me what you did

gautam1

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
You may contact 9811400675 for consultancy. Hassle free and assured PR. He is actually very genuine.

Sahi90

May 13, 2019
Hello everyone,
My WES is under process, soon it will be done and I need to apply for ITA. My CRS score is 470 so, I am hoping to get ITA. But before that I need to prepare my documents, especially POF.

I have less balance in my account at the moment so, I was hoping to get funds transferred from my dad's account. Can anyone tell me what would be the safe procedure, should I get gift deed or FD done? Any other suggestion is welcomed since the funds are not so old.

Mr_fabrizio

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Yes! you should do the following:
1. Take copies of your last six months statements - get them stamped by the bank - scan and upload them
2. Also, take the balance certificate from bank on their letter head - scan and upload it

You should do both the steps to avoid any sort of future hassle. This is what I did, the more clarity you provide them in terms of your funds, the better it is for you.
Do you mean the average balance of the statement of account,or statement for instance, May,June,July,August etc etc

Priya801

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hello All,
Requst ur help on below:

1. I got funds transferred to my saving account xxxxxxxx

2. Then Opened FD account yyyyyyyy on basis of saving account xxxxxxxx

3. On gift deed it mentioned that funds transferred to saving account xxxxxxxx

4. on bank letter I am planning to show only FD account yyyyyyyyy

So there is no relation shown between my bank letter FD account yyyyyyyyy and my gift deed saving account xxxxxxxx,

IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH THIS SCENARIO????

Thanks in advance

Priya801

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
In short,
FD account mentioned on bank letter would be different and the saving account mentioned on gift deed would be different.
Is it a problem?

sadhulogy

Jul 10, 2019
I have received my ITA and have 47 days left to submit my details. If I get my 13,000 CAD from my parents and get a gift deed. Do I need to convert the funds to a fixed deposit as well?

Should there be any lock in period for the FD?

Priya801

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
I have received my ITA and have 47 days left to submit my details. If I get my 13,000 CAD from my parents and get a gift deed. Do I need to convert the funds to a fixed deposit as well?

Should there be any lock in period for the FD?
You can show in saving as well but FD looks more convincing.
Lock period is always there for FD , suggested is 1 year, but FD should always be available for liquidation at customer’s will and same need to be mentioned on bank letter u will be getting for ur FD

Rubesh04

Feb 5, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi All,

Recently I had a cheque deposit of 50,000 INR into my account, the next day I opened an FD with that amount. Is it required to show source of funds for this? It was my savings which i kept in mom's account. Since it is not a huge transaction still is it required to show source of this fund ?