+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fixed Deposit as Proof of Funds

kayshapvivekk

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Please help with the below;

1. I have a FD which is borderline 6 months old (created on 22nd Feb 2018) and I am planning to submit my ITA application by Sep 1st Week 2018
  2. I got a bank letter on bank letterhead as below; is this OK? The bank letter does not mention my FD number, however it does mention my savings account number, should this be OK? I had the savings account since 2013 and the letter did not mention the FD opening date.
  3. I will also include a color scanned copy of the FD
  4. Should I include six months FD statement?
  5. Should I include savings bank account statement for six months?
  6. I am also planning to attach my salary slips for six months as supporting documents, is it fine
  7. I received the bank letter in below format with the below details, is this OK?

TO WHOM SO EVER IT MAY CONCERN
This letter is to certify that Mr. XXX, resident of XXXXX and holder of Indian passport XXXXXX has been maintaining saving bank account number XXXXX with State Bank Of India, Branch DIBRUGARH BAZAR, since____ 2013 and he holds fixed deposits AND saving funds with the bank of approximately XXXX which is equivalent to Canadian Dollars XXXX in our account books at the close of business today on______ 2018. It is also to certify that these funds are fully free of any liens, debts and/or encumbrances and are maintained and available for immediate transfer as of________2018. This certificate is issued at the request of customer.

Bank manager sign & seal

Please let me know if the above documents will suffice
Thanks in advance;

chemehra

Aug 22, 2018
Hi Guys,

Urgent help sought...
My Dad has created an FD 5 months ago which is around 20 lks. And the source being his account but on my name in SBI. The FD is bearing my name and Pan number. We can get a statement from the bank that on maturity the amount will be credited to my account in SBI.
Also I have a gift deed from my dad stating the same that my Dad has unconditionally given the FD (created from his SB account)

My account in SBI is a joint account with my spouse who is my co applicant.

Is the gift deed proof enough for POF?
Do you see any challenges before I submit my application. I ALREADY have the ITA and am due to submit all proofs next week.

Please help!!

InderjeetSingh

Jun 28, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I got FDs in the month of March 2018 and submitted my application in April 2018; got my Visas and now migrating to Canada on 2nd October 2018.
Have a few doubts about Proof of Funds:
1. Please suggest, if FDs can be shown as 'proof of funds' during the landing process in Canada.
2. I checked on this forum that in case of more than 6-months old FDs, we need not show the source of funds.
Please advise, if 'more than 6-months validity of the FDs' counts from - FD opening date to submission of the application (April 2018) or FD opening date to final landing in Canada (October 2018).
3. I & my wife are moving to Canada, that makes the two of us as the bearer of the funds - 8.5 lacs INR.
Please advise what means should we use (eg. - Drafts, Cheques, Travel Cards, Cash or others); Which is more cost effective, easy to use & liquidate as well as safe to carry?
Also, in what proportions should the funds be divided if we should opt for more than one of the above means.

Parmeet kaur67

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I got FDs in the month of March 2018 and submitted my application in April 2018; got my Visas and now migrating to Canada on 2nd October 2018.
Have a few doubts about Proof of Funds:
1. Please suggest, if FDs can be shown as 'proof of funds' during the landing process in Canada.
2. I checked on this forum that in case of more than 6-months old FDs, we need not show the source of funds.
Please advise, if 'more than 6-months validity of the FDs' counts from - FD opening date to submission of the application (April 2018) or FD opening date to final landing in Canada (October 2018).
3. I & my wife are moving to Canada, that makes the two of us as the bearer of the funds - 8.5 lacs INR.
Please advise what means should we use (eg. - Drafts, Cheques, Travel Cards, Cash or others); Which is more cost effective, easy to use & liquidate as well as safe to carry?
Also, in what proportions should the funds be divided if we should opt for more than one of the above means.
U have created fd only a month ago?And was that acceptable only being a month ago.Kindly reply.

gautam1

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
Pls help

Hi i just uploaded bank letter for fdr with amount and date of opening. I didnt upload the fdr copies/reciept along with it. Is it a problem?

gautam1

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
They normally don't ask for POF at port of entry. They will just ask how much funds you have access to. Tell them the entire amount not just how much you are currently carrying.
Bro u got me wrong. I have just applied e-apr and as proof of funds i have shown bank letter with details of all the fixed deposit and the account opening date. I didnt upload the copy of Fixed deposits. Is it a problem?
Also in the letter recieved from bank, it is mentioned free from liens and debts but not withdrawable anytime. Pls help

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Bro u got me wrong. I have just applied e-apr and as proof of funds i have shown bank letter with details of all the fixed deposit and the account opening date. I didnt upload the copy of Fixed deposits. Is it a problem?
Also in the letter recieved from bank, it is mentioned free from liens and debts but not withdrawable anytime. Pls help
Bank letter is fine as long as it has the details required by cic