+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Five months since test, nothing

chx

Oct 13, 2012
I have sent in my RQ in December 2013, passed my test on May 7. Nothing since. According to eCAS it's processing and the last entry is that I need to appear for test. It doesn't even say I passed the test despite I did. I understand I may need to appear before a judge but seriously, it's been five months at least I should know by now whether I need to or not. What do I do now?

This is all there is:

Citizenship Application Status In process

If I click In process

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 6, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 6, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 2, 2013.

We sent you a notice on April 3, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 7, 2014 at 10:03 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you share more details :
1)Your timeline
2)Which country did you move from?
3)Your travel in the days preceding your application
4)Children/Family?
5)When did you become a landed immigrant?

chx

Oct 13, 2012
1. Applied 2013 March, RQ 2013 Dec, Test passed 2014 May, ??? now
2. Hungary
3. Edit: 547 days. I know. But it was work required. And I have the paperwork to prove it was work required.
4. None
5. 2008 september 1. Six years ago. Can't wait for the new bill to come into force!!!! I have four years out of six, I have been out only 671 days of the six years -- 112 days average, always under 180 so I am good for the new rules. The old rules wanted 90 days a year. That wasn't to be.

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
I am in the same Situation...now 4 month since test and nothing new ...Niagara Falls office..No RQ ..no update on E-Case

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems like anyone who is travelling even a little bit out, Is getting a RQ.

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chx said:
I have sent in my RQ in December 2013, passed my test on May 7. Nothing since. According to eCAS it's processing and the last entry is that I need to appear for test. It doesn't even say I passed the test despite I did. I understand I may need to appear before a judge but seriously, it's been five months at least I should know by now whether I need to or not. What do I do now?

This is all there is:

Citizenship Application Status In process

If I click In process

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 6, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 6, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 2, 2013.

We sent you a notice on April 3, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 7, 2014 at 10:03 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Ecas wont update not until they send you the letter for Oath, but it doesnt mean that you didint pass the test. Did you call MICC? Ask them what keeps your file too long and ask them if the judge approve your application. They can give you the information based on your file. If they says you been approved b y the judge asked them when? They will usually tell you to it will take 6 months after the judge approved your apps but reality it will takes around 2-4 months after the judge approved your file.

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
this is normal.. its not only you
Im the same. Sent my Rq in Feb 2014. Test in May 2014 - passed and till now nothing at all.. my notes on ecas are the same as yours.. i called cic they said my " Rq is on a Queue to be reviewed by an officer" and explainned that after test no one touched my file.. i guess the day they decide to look through it will take 2 months, but the problem is " when" will this haooen??? it can take 7 or 8 more months!!!!

you are probably in the same situation. call cic and ask agent what is the last note in my file? is my Rq on the queue to be reviewed? please give me details. i want to know because it is taking so long.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
same spot as I. 6 Months since I submitted RQ and 9 Months since test. Hoping for oath sometime next year.

:D
amazing21 said:
this is normal.. its not only you
Im the same. Sent my Rq in Feb 2014. Test in May 2014 - passed and till now nothing at all.. my notes on ecas are the same as yours.. i called cic they said my " Rq is on a Queue to be reviewed by an officer" and explainned that after test no one touched my file.. i guess the day they decide to look through it will take 2 months, but the problem is " when" will this haooen??? it can take 7 or 8 more months!!!!

you are probably in the same situation. call cic and ask agent what is the last note in my file? is my Rq on the queue to be reviewed? please give me details. i want to know because it is taking so long.