+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First time Landing for PR visa holders

vis678

Jan 8, 2020
Could anyone help me with the information that is it necessary to land in the same place of residents shown in our PR application? For example I have applied for PR to Calgary in Alberta, but when i travel for the first time can I land in any other airport other than Calgary as transit airport?( Calgary is my destination, but I have the option of transiting in other airports in other provinces before landing in Calgary finally)

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Could anyone help me with the information that is it necessary to land in the same place of residents shown in our PR application? For example I have applied for PR to Calgary in Alberta, but when i travel for the first time can I land in any other airport other than Calgary as transit airport?( Calgary is my destination, but I have the option of transiting in other airports in other provinces before landing in Calgary finally)
You can transit through any airport.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Assume you realize that international flights only land in Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary first before landing at your final destination after quarantine if it is needed.

Sasha1989

Mar 20, 2018
Up to my knowledge, you will do the landing papers is the first point of arrival in Canada.
Having said that, take in consideration the time needed for the officer to finish that.
So try to have longer transit time.
Good luck

QUOTE="vis678, post: 9538293, member: 949516"]
[/QUOTE]

Realman007

Jun 19, 2021
Hi Vis 678,
I would suggest you, try to have first port of entry to land at the same airport of your final destination if you can. The reason behind is, because of 3 days mandatory hotel stay, you won't be able to take your next flight on the same day. You need to take out all your luggage at the first port of entry then to recheck in for the next flight. You have to stay at the hotel at your first port of entry until you receive your Covid Test Negative report, no matter even if you get your negative report the next day, you still have to pay for three days in advance. You need to manage accordingly if it is not possible for you to land at the final destination as a first port of entry.

vis678

Jan 8, 2020
Up to my knowledge, you will do the landing papers is the first point of arrival in Canada.
Having said that, take in consideration the time needed for the officer to finish that.
Good luck

[/QUOTE]
Thank you very much

vis678

Jan 8, 2020
Good luck

[/QUOTE]
Thanks a lot

SidhuSD

Aug 21, 2021
Category........
Other
Hi members,
Going to land in Canada (first time )as PR visa .Vancouver will be the destination . What all preparations to make as PR ? Airport scenarios n all ? Immigration? All the things I want to know ..