+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First Qualified to practice in Occupation

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
What do we need to answer for "First Qualified to practice in Occupation " ?

Do I need to put the start date and year in Canada ( I am under WP) ?

or

Do I need to put the start date and year where I started my career in India ?

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
What do we need to answer for "First Qualified to practice in Occupation " ?

Do I need to put the start date and year in Canada ( I am under WP) ?

or

Do I need to put the start date and year where I started my career in India ?
Whatever your career, after you received the educational qualifications or after you completed the amount of experience required for that position under your NOC.
Maybe license as well.

Reactions: WED

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
So, I need to mention this from India itself along with my NOC. Am I right ?

I am in IT profession. Is it regulated ? Do we need to have license ?

Last edited:

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
If you studied in India and are claiming for work points from India for the NOC you have chosen as IT professional, yes. Please check under your NOC, it will tell you whether you need a license, i dont think you need one for IT professional.

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
So, it's a regulated profession but with no license required. From my understanding, I need to mention my overall experience from India itself. Thanks

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Check the employment requirements in the NOC page.

e.g. if your NOC is 2171, then go to http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=2&val1=2171&ver=16 and you will see this line "A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline or Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.". So basically, the end of the date of your bachelors is the date when you were first qualified to practice the occupation

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
"So basically, the end of the date of your bachelors is the date when you were first qualified to practice the occupation"
Do I need to mention degree completion date or the date of beginning of my first employment In India or beginning of employment in Canada? I am confused now.