russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
After MHA got involved my card application was approved magically a week later. Also got an email from the processing office apologizing for the delay and citing some internal technical issues as the reason. Getting MHA involved seems to have worked. Nobody should ever need to resort to this though. Good news at last

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
After MHA got involved my card application was approved magically a week later. Also got an email from the processing office apologizing for the delay and citing some internal technical issues as the reason. Getting MHA involved seems to have worked. Nobody should ever need to resort to this though. Good news at last
Just because I'm not certain, what's an mha?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
The MHA that contacted IRCC was Federal not provincial. Immigration is a Federal issue. I only got the Provincial one involved, as it was affecting my Healthcare.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The MHA that contacted IRCC was Federal not provincial. Immigration is a Federal issue. I only got the Provincial one involved, as it was affecting my Healthcare.
Federal are called MPs regardless of province (member of capital P Parliament.) Provincial are members of whatever-the-legislature-is-called, eg MPP MLA mha etc.

MsBeat

Aug 5, 2020
HI,

I'm in Canada and getting increasingly frustrated and worried about getting my first PR card. I received my COPR document on the 31st of December 2020. Applied for my first card early January of this year. Since then, nothing. I see my COPR document has an expiry date on it. Have tried contracting IRCC several times through phone and webform, but just get the generic reply saying they are processing applications from Afghanistan first and on the phone they say hang up if you are not in that category.

My question is, what happens if COPR expires. I'm sure I seen somewhere that I was automatically landed, due to Covid and I was already in Canada. I would like to travel next year at some point, but you either can't without a PR card or need to get a PRTD document.

Has anyone managed to get in contact with them recently?

Thanks
Hi, do you mean that you have entered Canada as visitor before getting the COPR and then you use your online PR Portal to confirm the PR status? I have a similar situation now and would like to know once you confirm your PR status using the online portal, how long have you waited for the PR card? I would like to travel after getting the PR card.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Hi, do you mean that you have entered Canada as visitor before getting the COPR and then you use your online PR Portal to confirm the PR status? I have a similar situation now and would like to know once you confirm your PR status using the online portal, how long have you waited for the PR card? I would like to travel after getting the PR card.
I am in Canada and was landed virtually. I've been here since 2015. I have never left since getting COPR. I applied for my card in paper application and I just received it last week. So it took 13 months