VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
HI,

I'm in Canada and getting increasingly frustrated and worried about getting my first PR card. I received my COPR document on the 31st of December 2020. Applied for my first card early January of this year. Since then, nothing. I see my COPR document has an expiry date on it. Have tried contracting IRCC several times through phone and webform, but just get the generic reply saying they are processing applications from Afghanistan first and on the phone they say hang up if you are not in that category.

My question is, what happens if COPR expires. I'm sure I seen somewhere that I was automatically landed, due to Covid and I was already in Canada. I would like to travel next year at some point, but you either can't without a PR card or need to get a PRTD document.

Has anyone managed to get in contact with them recently?

Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI,

I'm in Canada and getting increasingly frustrated and worried about getting my first PR card. I received my COPR document on the 31st of December 2020. Applied for my first card early January of this year. Since then, nothing. I see my COPR document has an expiry date on it. Have tried contracting IRCC several times through phone and webform, but just get the generic reply saying they are processing applications from Afghanistan first and on the phone they say hang up if you are not in that category.

My question is, what happens if COPR expires. I'm sure I seen somewhere that I was automatically landed, due to Covid and I was already in Canada. I would like to travel next year at some point, but you either can't without a PR card or need to get a PRTD document.

Has anyone managed to get in contact with them recently?

Thanks
If you have a US visa, you can also fly to a US city from an international destination and either walk or drive to a land border to return to Canada. Then at the booth, show your used COPR, passport and explain you have not receive your PR card.

For your first question, if you have not landed and your COPR expires, then you need to apply again. If you want to make sure you landed, then you can drive to the US, cross the border and return to Canada.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
If you have a US visa, you can also fly to a US city from an international destination and either walk or drive to a land border to return to Canada. Then at the booth, show your used COPR, passport and explain you have not receive your PR card.
Thanks for the reply, but i don't have US visa. I do know that I can do that anyway as it says that on website. What I'm asking is, if the COPR document expires, what do i do? Do i just have to wait for card? I'm sure ive landed as i seen somewhere that i did, as they were doing virtual landings at the time, but thats making me nervous now as i can't see that anywhere. I have a permanent SIN number, so i wouldn't be able to get that if i wasn't landed?
Im gonna call them tomorrow, just to get an update, as 11 months seems like a long time to wait considering the approx time is 64 days.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply, but i don't have US visa. I do know that I can do that anyway as it says that on website. What I'm asking is, if the COPR document expires, what do i do? Do i just have to wait for card?
Im gonna call them tomorrow, just to get an update, as 11 months seems like a long time to wait considering the approx time is 64 days.
I think you should call them. Have you check the ecas website (to see if they have sent the card yet)?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I think you should call them. Have you check the ecas website (to see if they have sent the card yet)?
Yeah ecas doesn't show updates for new cards, but i have linked the app to my cic account and its not had any update since January

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Another thing. Getting a permanent SIN proves i am landed? You can't get a permanent one if your not landed from what ive read?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another thing. Getting a permanent SIN proves i am landed? You can't get a permanent one if your not landed from what ive read?
Like I said previously, if you want to make sure you landed - go to the border.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
So managed to get through to an agent this morning and confirmed that i am indeed landed.
He checked my account and went away for a few minutes. Came back and said he has messaged the office doing the cards through a secure channel and marked my app as a very high priority. Also said i should receive card within 3 weeks as the amount of time i have waited is totally unacceptable and apologized. Glad i managed to talk to someone. It's a huge wait off my mind.

Reactions: armoured

Amm2020

Apr 18, 2020
So managed to get through to an agent this morning and confirmed that i am indeed landed.
He checked my account and went away for a few minutes. Came back and said he has messaged the office doing the cards through a secure channel and marked my app as a very high priority. Also said i should receive card within 3 weeks as the amount of time i have waited is totally unacceptable and apologized. Glad i managed to talk to someone. It's a huge wait off my mind.
Great. May I ask you what number you called? I'm waiting for my first card. Thanks

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Great. May I ask you what number you called? I'm waiting for my first card. Thanks
It was the call centre in canada, the 1 888 number. It seems like the response is wildly different depending on what agent you get though. Guess i just landed lucky. Won't celebrate until i actually get it mind you

kanchi patel

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Hi ,
So my spouse finally landed on 3 oct 2021 and was informed by the officer that PR card will be mailed to the address within 4-5 weeks. He wasn’t given any application number nor any handout with any information. We been trying to track down the application but can’t link it to his CIC account. The ircc agents are saying it’s not in their hand they cant see any updates regarding PR card if it was done at the border. I have filled numerous web forms because the normal processing time as of now is 56 days and ours has passed over that. He needs to travel to India in January and we need to know what to do in this case, we have heard about PRTD but dont know the exact process or processing time so are unsure if we should apply from now :/
Has anyone been in similar situation?
Any advice will be highly appreciated …

Amm2020

Apr 18, 2020
Welcome to waiting in line....you will be serve in about 4 to 6 months since processing now is getting little better. Good luck and me waiting since sept.

Amm2020

Apr 18, 2020
It was the call centre in canada, the 1 888 number. It seems like the response is wildly different depending on what agent you get though. Guess i just landed lucky. Won't celebrate until i actually get it mind you
Thank you for the info

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Still no PR card, or any movement on my application, after a month (after being promised I would get it in 3 weeks). I have now contacted my MHA, as it is affecting my healthcare card. I have been told, MCP (healthcare card), cannot be renewed without card now. They renewed it for 6 months, but won't after that expires. Enough is enough.