+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First PR Card

Ethan_007

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Hi,

Quick question, why do you need to link your application. Did you apply PR by paper? They told me that I do not need to do anything, they will send the card to my address.
To be honest, I read some people have linked their application to follow the process or to know if they need anything from us like photos. so I did that. I am not sure if it is beneficial but since we can link it, then better do maybe.

Melam

Sep 12, 2019
Landed on March 12. Still waiting for PR card. Also, unable to link the application to track the status. Looks like there are many in the same boat!!!

prapplicant1

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
To be honest, I read some people have linked their application to follow the process or to know if they need anything from us like photos. so I did that. I am not sure if it is beneficial but since we can link it, then better do maybe.
Thanks. How can we link that?

I have only Copr papers (signed) now and the officer at the border told me that they will send the cards to my address.

Ethan_007

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Thanks. How can we link that?

I have only Copr papers (signed) now and the officer at the border told me that they will send the cards to my address.
Please open the link below, and you can find all details how to link it. pleas eput your country of biorth exactly as it is in your passport.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/linking-pr-card-application-to-track-pr-card-after-landing-flagpole-landing-interview-is-complete.617040/

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
I followed those instructions and still haven't been able to link my application for the PR card. I wonder if it's because my PR card is coming from being approved through the spousal sponsorship.

I landed March 16 and still have not received my PR card. I as well have my COPR signed by the officer.

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
Holy crap it worked after a couple tries just now. The tricky part I found was indded the Place of Birth, I put in all caps my CITY, STATE , and my family name in all caps and that is how it found my spousal sponsorship application and I was able to link the PR card.

It has a new application number and it does state for date received the date I landed.

It really is just waiting for it arrive. Will I get a notification when it indeed is mailed out?

prapplicant1

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
Please open the link below, and you can find all details how to link it. pleas eput your country of biorth exactly as it is in your passport.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/linking-pr-card-application-to-track-pr-card-after-landing-flagpole-landing-interview-is-complete.617040/
Thanks a lot. I will try it.

Update: It worked, i linked it, it says 'We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. ' The status is 'Submitted'

Last edited:

Ethan_007

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Happy that you could link it both of you. Yes wait for the status to change on your account...normally they will also send a notification to your eMail as well....in some cases they request the photo retake. So keep your eyes up to date.

prapplicant1

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
Happy that you could link it both of you. Yes wait for the status to change on your account...normally they will also send a notification to your eMail as well....in some cases they request the photo retake. So keep your eyes up to date.
Thanks a lot!

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016

Thank you. As of right now the status shows submitted. I know the CIC had updated how long it would take for the PR card to arrive. When calculating from landing date it brought me to early July. So when it gets sent out it will tell us?

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
Just a reminder to check your accounts and make sure your address is correct. (Shows the Canadian address you are living at.)

When my husband landed last October he still hadn’t received his PR card after three months. (It was to be mailed automatically.)

When we called about it we discovered they hadn’t sent his PR Card because they still had his New Zealand address on file even though he gave them our Canadian address when he landed. They updated his address over the phone to his Canadian address and he received his PR card a week later.

SUMIT1075

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/06/2015
File Transfer...
23/06/2015
Med's Request
upfront
VISA ISSUED...
30/06/2015
LANDED..........
soon
I followed those instructions and still haven't been able to link my application for the PR card. I wonder if it's because my PR card is coming from being approved through the spousal sponsorship.

I landed March 16 and still have not received my PR card. I as well have my COPR signed by the officer.
My wife landed on 15th march we are still waiting for pr card. I did successfully linked the application by putting place of birth according to passport not according to CORP.

Ethan_007

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Thank you. As of right now the status shows submitted. I know the CIC had updated how long it would take for the PR card to arrive. When calculating from landing date it brought me to early July. So when it gets sent out it will tell us?
Yeah, exactly, when they send it or ready to send it the status change... or even when they wanna ask additional pictures (if needed)