+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First pr card

Mari1998

Apr 22, 2018
hello, i am dependant child of my father, he lives in canada. My family members and i am waiting for our firsy pr card. I want to know when i get my pr card when we come to canada, is ot long time? Someone told that i will get my first pr card in the airport, and then i can go back to georgia. I am student at tbilisi state university and can't be in canada for a long time.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
hello, i am dependant child of my father, he lives in canada. My family members and i am waiting for our firsy pr card. I want to know when i get my pr card when we come to canada, is ot long time? Someone told that i will get my first pr card in the airport, and then i can go back to georgia. I am student at tbilisi state university and can't be in canada for a long time.
When you complete your initial PR landing you need to provide to the CBSA officer a Canadian address for your PR card to be mailed to. Immigration will not mail PR cards outside Canada so if you cannot provide an address you would need to apply separately later when you have an address. Initial PR cards can take 6-8 weeks to process.

Often when people do short landings they provide a friend or family members address and have them mail or courier to them in their home country. In your case I guess you can provide your fathers address and he can courier your card to you.

If someone either does not have a Canadian address or cannot wait in Canada then they would need to apply for a PRTD from outside Canada when they eventually want to return to Canada. When they return permenently they then can then apply for your cards.

Last edited:
Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

Mari1998

Apr 22, 2018
Hello, My mother is filling travel history form imm 5562. Should she write my travel history since my birth or since my 18 birthday? I have been travelling a lot, but i have been only to 1 country since i got 18.