+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First PR Card - How to notify IRCC for Address Change

shaminder3945

Sep 10, 2019
Hi Friends,

I received my COPR on October 1 and applied for the PR card on October 6. I am currently residing in Calgary, however, due to my job change, I need to urgently move to Ontario. How should I update IRCC to send my PR card to my new address? I tried using online address change, but, it is not able to locate my application as my application's current status is "Submitted" only. If I raise a web form and tell them my new address, will they update it on the application? Please guide.

Thanks In Advance!
Shaminder

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
Hi Friends,

I received my COPR on October 1 and applied for the PR card on October 6. I am currently residing in Calgary, however, due to my job change, I need to urgently move to Ontario. How should I update IRCC to send my PR card to my new address? I tried using online address change, but, it is not able to locate my application as my application's current status is "Submitted" only. If I raise a web form and tell them my new address, will they update it on the application? Please guide.

Thanks In Advance!
Shaminder
You can try calling cic helpline no. Meanwhile set up address forwarding with canada post
Do u have to do soft landing?

shaminder3945

Sep 10, 2019
You can try calling cic helpline no. Meanwhile set up address forwarding with canada post
Do u have to do soft landing?
Thanks for the reply, I will try calling them. I checked address forwarding but I don't have government-issued id proof which is required to set up mail forwarding. I am moving permanently from Alberta to Ontario for my job.

SophiaLuo

Nov 27, 2019
Thanks for the reply, I will try calling them. I checked address forwarding but I don't have government-issued id proof which is required to set up mail forwarding. I am moving permanently from Alberta to Ontario for my job.
I am having the same situation with you, finger crossed