+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First phase of vaccine certification (Proof of vaccination) going live in July for travellers entering Canada.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
...and CAN-US border closure is extended! WIth all the meetings they were having I thought surely they will open it next week?
It is complicated situation as some states in US do not want vaccine passports while Canada insist on proof of fully vaccinated to cross to Canada. They have to extend and work on logistics and other bilateral issues.

I cant wait to get my second Pfizer dose and take my wife and kids for road trip across the border

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
It is complicated situation as some states in US do not want vaccine passports while Canada insist on proof of fully vaccinated to cross to Canada. They have to extend and work on logistics and other bilateral issues.

I cant wait to get my second Pfizer dose and take my wife and kids for road trip across the border
1st world problems right there :). Here in Africa, people are willing to even tattoo their vaccination dates on their forehead as long as they get vaccinated and get a chance at surviving this raging pandemic.

Reactions: A93

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
1st world problems right there :). Here in Africa, people are willing to even tattoo their vaccination dates on their forehead as long as they get vaccinated and get a chance at surviving this raging pandemic.
Exactly, there is big leadership problem and system in Africa. S.A is better off than some of the EU countries and you are right, rest of Africa is looking at SA as a leader. You need to plan for quarantine cost, i dont see that happening before you and your family moved to Canada.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Exactly, there is big leadership problem and system in Africa. S.A is better off than some of the EU countries and you are right, rest of Africa is looking at SA as a leader. You need to plan for quarantine cost, i dont see that happening before you and your family moved to Canada.
Yeah you are right. I need to accept my fate and plan accordingly :). I did see that the cost of some of the govt approved hotels have gone down a lot from a few months ago. That's a relief at least!

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
...and CAN-US border closure is extended! WIth all the meetings they were having I thought surely they will open it next week?
idk what if they allow exception to vaccinated travellers from US in july first week(or whenever they are gonna announce vaccine travel announcement)? They only said the restriction for non-essential travel from US continues till July 21st never mentioned about vaccinated ones since official announcement is yet to be made.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
idk what if they allow exception to vaccinated travellers from US in july first week(or whenever they are gonna announce vaccine travel announcement)? They only said the restriction for non-essential travel from US continues till July 21st never mentioned about vaccinated ones since official announcement is yet to be made.
I guess the border is closed until July 21st when they make other statement, that include if you are fully vaccinated but deemed non essential

A93

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
more clarity on this will be on Monday, let's see how it rolls out. but again putting a system in place is far more difficult than merely tweeting about rules...fingers crossed :)

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
In the UK, the NHS app shows vaccine status, i.e. which vaccine, date and batch number, there is also a QR code

AalekhT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
In india we have cowin app which has every details like Vaccine Name, Date of vaccination, Batch number, ID proof we had during vaccination, even the person who gave the vaccine and the location of the vaccination. Plus QR code which is scanable so if india can do something like this then canada can also do this easily.

Rationalwarrior

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Can a person vaccinated with Sputnik v can enter canada?
At this moment, Sputnik V is not one of the approved Covid-19 vaccines by Canada. You can still enter Canada, but you would probably not be exempted and would have to quarantine according to the rules at the time you enter. In the coming months, there is expectation that Canada will exempt international travelers from many of the quarantine rules if they are fully vaccinated and test negative when they enter.

I would consult the official Canadian government website for an updated list of approved vaccines. Check this link for the current list of recognized vaccines:Canada: Approved Covid-19 Vaccines