+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First meeting gifts

dream99

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Question 4 DId you give your sponsor any gifts?

Is this asking for like literally the first time we met or in our relationship?

FranFran

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The first time.

He did not give me any gift... ;D

Ryffa_Q

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th August 2011
AOR Received.
Sponsor approved 1st Nov 2011 AOR 21st November 2011
Med's Done....
03-06-2011 - medical received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted when applied for TRV 17th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
Really?? I thought it was over the relationship..VO must think i'm illiterate.... :-X

dream99

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Ryffa_Q said:
Really?? I thought it was over the relationship..VO must think i'm illiterate.... :-X
I thought it was during the relationship as well. I mean I don't think there are many people that give gifts when they first meet someone. Unless it's an arranged meeting or something.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dream99 said:
I thought it was during the relationship as well. I mean I don't think there are many people that give gifts when they first meet someone. Unless it's an arranged meeting or something.
the question clearly said first meeting as it was under the first meeting section

dream99

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
They need to be more specific on most of the questions in the application. People like me that try to think of the smallest details, so that the application has no problems, have to ask many questions 8)

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no on the app they broke it down into sections first meeting, since first meeting, devleopment

dream99

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Kedeisha said:
the question clearly said first meeting as it was under the first meeting section
I know, but it's still confusing because when I first read it, I thought to myself, ok this question must be reffering to 'during the relationship' because like I just said I didn't think that many people give gifts when they first meet someone lol

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dream99 said:
I know, but it's still confusing because when I first read it, I thought to myself, ok this question must be reffering to 'during the relationship' because like I just said I didn't think that many people give gifts when they first meet someone lol
lol i agree with u i had to read it a couple of time to decipher their very clear words but as u said going thru this process will confuse you if u dont go into it fully prepared

dream99

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Kedeisha said:
lol i agree with u i had to read it a couple of time to decipher their very clear words but as u said going thru this process will confuse you if u dont go into it fully prepared
Yeah, I gotta admit I underestimated this whole thing a bit. I'm so glad this site exists, or else I'd be screwed ;D

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dream99 said:
Yeah, I gotta admit I underestimated this whole thing a bit. I'm so glad this site exists, or else I'd be screwed ;D
i would admit i would be too but it takes reading the forms 3 times n the info becomes clear it just was scary process as our life is in someone else hands

Ryffa_Q

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th August 2011
AOR Received.
Sponsor approved 1st Nov 2011 AOR 21st November 2011
Med's Done....
03-06-2011 - medical received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted when applied for TRV 17th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
i find that everyone submitted their apps within their own interpretations unless u have a lawyer... i was so convinced i was fully prepared since reading this forum from 12 months before submission, but u just learn new things everyday (esp after submitting) and wish for the best, cover the essentials and leave e'thing else to LUCK and VO moodswings :p

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ryffa_Q said:
i find that everyone submitted their apps within their own interpretations unless u have a lawyer... i was so convinced i was fully prepared since reading this forum from 12 months before submission, but u just learn new things everyday (esp after submitting) and wish for the best, cover the essentials and leave e'thing else to LUCK and VO moodswings :p
agreed

dream99

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Kedeisha said:
i would admit i would be too but it takes reading the forms 3 times n the info becomes clear it just was scary process as our life is in someone else hands
I understand. I have an example.... Schedule A question 9. ' Membership or association with organizations'

It says ' Write "NONE" in the box if you have not been a member of any association/organization' But when you read it on the guidelines on the CIC site it says ' Don't just write "NONE", write " I have never been a member of an organization or association" '...........like ummmm okkkk...