+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First landing to Canada - Do we need to collect the bags and recheck at Toronto airport

GR123

Star Member
Apr 27, 2020
Poland
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Finally, I’ve received my COPR, so the next step is to travel to Canada.
Is that true, we have to collect the bags and recheck once again at the Toronto airport.

I have booked my flight tickets, and the itinerary is,
Frankfurt --> Toronto (terminal 1) --> Halifax.
All these flights are Air Canada, and My connecting flight in Toronto is at the same terminal (i.e. terminal 1)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why did you start a new thread, when your question has already been answered in your other thread?:rolleyes:

The answer remains the same.

GR123

Star Member
Apr 27, 2020
Poland
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Why did you start a new thread, when your question has already been answered in your other thread?:rolleyes:

The answer remains the same.
@Ponga , my previous post was to check the duration to complete the immigration process as the first landing in Canada. Now, I have booked the tickets, but I still have a few questions, so raised a new post here.

So, do I need to collect the bags and recheck once again at the Toronto airport (even, if the connecting flights are at the same terminal)?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Finally, I’ve received my COPR, so the next step is to travel to Canada.
Is that true, we have to collect the bags and recheck once again at the Toronto airport.

I have booked my flight tickets, and the itinerary is,
Frankfurt --> Toronto (terminal 1) --> Halifax.
All these flights are Air Canada, and My connecting flight in Toronto is at the same terminal (i.e. terminal 1)
It depends upon airline sometimes. Check with your airline. Most of the time if the whole package is with the same airline they take care on their own sometimes they want you to check them in. Give them a call to be sure.