+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First Landing from US to Canada by Land Border

TEJSUN

Oct 3, 2017
Hi, I have received the COPR for my family (Self & 2 dependents) and i am currently residing in USA on work visa. I want to do a "Landing" to Canada. Below are my queries:

1. Can I Do landing via the US-Canada Land Border from US into Canada? (To save on money)
2. Can I take a rented vehicle to do the Landing?
3. Is there a mandate for minimum duration stay in Canada before you leave Canada (Offcourse to wrap up the stuff and come back for good)
I intend to reach a land border in a rented car, get to CBSA, complete the formalities of applying PRC and SIN card and return back the same day.
Request a reply and if possible any other thread which has discussed it already.

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Hi, I have received the COPR for my family (Self & 2 dependents) and i am currently residing in USA on work visa. I want to do a "Landing" to Canada. Below are my queries:

1. Can I Do landing via the US-Canada Land Border from US into Canada? (To save on money)
2. Can I take a rented vehicle to do the Landing?
3. Is there a mandate for minimum duration stay in Canada before you leave Canada (Offcourse to wrap up the stuff and come back for good)
I intend to reach a land border in a rented car, get to CBSA, complete the formalities of applying PRC and SIN card and return back the same day.
Request a reply and if possible any other thread which has discussed it already.
Yes.
Yes.
No.

You can land at any port of entry, you can get there in whatever manner you please, and you can leave as you wish. If you want to be issued a PR card, you will need to give them a Canadian address for them to send it to in about two months.

TEJSUN

Oct 3, 2017
Thanks a lot. Just a follow up question: if we are not certain what will we be bringing later on, how to fill the relevant information during first landing?